Sheriff: Law protects SUV owner who shot, killed woman

Disclaimer

The reason they're stealing doesnt justify it at all. I mean, you can kill for money to feed your family too if someone's willing to pay for it. And I think you should always shoot to kill. You maim them and you've probably got an exponentially higher risk of having some type of lawsuit or legal action coming back on you from the person you shoot.

you're unfortunately correct on that one.

It all comes down to this, criminals thrive on the fears of their victims. The day things change is when the criminals become uneasy because victims no longer live in fear. That is the when society enacts laws that favor the "victims". Concealed carry is the start.

+1

I hate signs that say "No concealed weapons permited" That just tells that bad guys that no law abiding citizens will have them if you want to rob the place. Same with colleges that do not allow concealed weapons on campuses if the person has a legal permit. Oh well.

+2 i dont remember the stat, but most major gun violence goes on in "gun free" zones.

So you think owners should have to allow others to conceal carry on their private property???

No, I don't think you should have to, but I know if I owned a place of business, I would have a sign that says "bring em legally concealed if you got em!"