Just made a Donation to Kasich/'16

acklac7

First off, no trolling, no bullshit. Im being serious.

Secondly, despite my Registered Democrat status, I simply do not like nor trust Hillary Clinton to run this Country. Im terrified of Donald Trump.

Honestly I was debating not voting. I never been in a situation where I couldn't 100% get behind the front-runner of a Party. Almost every last time that person is a Democrat.

Big surprise, I don't follow Republican politics much (Evil, Republicans are Evil :gabe:). However, in years past, I can specifically recall several of my staunch liberal buddies commenting on how they really couldn't bring themselves to hate on Kasich, given what he's done for the State of Ohio. And honestly, I have to admit, it's been pretty good times for our State with him in office. Up until a few days back I didn't really like nor hate the guy, shit I didn't really know much about him. I just knew that the State of Ohio (which for some strange reason I deeply love) is doing pretty damn good with him in charge.

Then, two days ago I randomly happened upon his Queens Town Hall Broadcast, and figured what the the hell, I'll hear what he has to say (I gave him about two minutes, because evil, all republicans are evil :gabe: ).

Enough of that. I don't do Republican politics, I hate those guys. Channel Changed

The more I thought about what I heard in those two minutes the more I thought about giving him another chance. It wasn't necessarily that I agreed with what he was saying (I didn't listen too much), but more the way he was saying it. Something about his tone and demeanor put me at ease.

So I went back and watched the first 7 minutes of the town hall: Mind = Blown. Holy Shit does this guy deserve to be the next President. While not attacking Trump directly, and clearly stuttering while speaking off script, he manged to make me realize why exactly I hated Trump: Trump keeps attacking our Country as though its fatally flawed, as though things are so bad off that we, the people, are about to abandon ship and move. Yes, things may get dicey from Administration to Administration. But Jesus Christ, when the hell did our Country not become "Great"? When did this country Ever not become a Great place to live? "Where would you like to live if you didn't live here?" Fucking nailed it. Yeah, I didn't like Bush ( I hate Dick Cheney), but never once during their Administration did I even remotely question the integrity of our Country.

Sold.

I let out a sigh of relief (seriously, Clinton or Trump as President gives me nightmares). Then felt compelled to do something I've never done before; I felt compelled to donate to a Presidential Campaign, a Republican Presidential Campaign.

It's no secret CR leans just a "tad" to the right. Guize (I think im one of you now :no:), you want a Republican back in office? *90% of C.R. nods up and down with a twinkle in their eye* get your ass behind Kasich. There are more where I come from, trust me. You're never going to get us with Trump. Ever. In 7 minutes Kasich got me, a fairly liberal registered-Democrat to not only back him but make a god damn donation to his Campaign.

He will win this Election if he gets the Nomination. :thumbup:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

k.

This Election had me seriously worried I wouldn't be able to bring myself to cast a vote. That bothered me, alot. Im not worried anymore.

It's clear as day Kasich is the best man for the job. I can sleep easy now :). Again, Kasich just nails it at 9:05. I love this guy :lol: "I mean thats a Crazy thing to think about, who can actually run the Country?". This. Clinton or Trump are a fucking horrid choice for the Country as a whole. So many people are missing out on the bigger picture. Kasich "gets it".

Edited by acklac7

So the Gun thread, yea, fucking trolling. Honest to God im not now. I actually don't have time for CR much anymore, but I figured I owed it to you guys to at least tell you all this shit about Kasich being able to beat Clinton is 100% accurate. I like the guy, I like his tone, and frankly I trust him. Honest to God I didn't think there was going to be a candidate I could vote for this year. Thank God I caught that little blip on MSNBC.

I know you guys like Trump, but you're never going to get him in.

I didn't come here to bash Trump, I came here to tell a bunch of staunch Republicans that a fairly liberal guy is going to switch party lines (without provocation or a second thought I might add) because God damn that dude is Far and away the best Canidate on the ballot.

I don't know what you specifically love about Trump (sorta lost on that one guys...) but if you're voting for him just because "no Hilliary" YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG. WAY WRONG.

Kasich is the best one left. I think if it goes to a convention (which it won't) Kasich is the guy the republicans would want to face off against Hillary. Trump is too outlandish and doesn't stand a chance, Cruz is too far right and nobody wants another Bush. Kasich is the most normal moderate left, and in a general election where he actually gets to be heard I think he could take down Hitlery.

No way I vote for Kasich. That being said, I hope your vote was decided on more than just your paragraph I've quoted below. It sounds more like you're settling for him because you share a common foe. ;) The rest sounds like rhetoric to me.

"So I went back and watched the first 7 minutes of the town hall: Mind = Blown. Holy Shit does this guy deserve to be the next President. While not attacking Trump directly, and clearly stuttering while speaking off script, he manged to make me realize why exactly I hated Trump: Trump keeps attacking our Country as though its fatally flawed, as though things are so bad off that we, the people, are about to abandon ship and move. Yes, things may get dicey from Administration to Administration. But Jesus Christ, when the hell did our Country not become "Great"? When did this country Ever not become a Great place to live? "Where would you like to live if you didn't live here?" Fucking nailed it. Yeah, I didn't like Bush ( I hate Dick Cheney), but never once during their Administration did I even remotely question the integrity of our Country."

I like Kasich and would vote for him.....don't think that's going to be an option though. I would never vote for Trump or Hillary so if those are my options I'll be taking a pass on this one.

I like Kasich and would vote for him.....don't think that's going to be an option though. I would never vote for Trump or Hillary so if those are my options I'll be taking a pass on this one.

I think it's better to vote 3rd party than not vote at all.

Kasich isn't third party. If the GOP somehow manages to finagle Kasich as their guy, they've guaranteed a Hillary presidency. I agree that the entire process needs reform for third parties to be viable, but it's just completely unrealistic at the moment.

No way I vote for Kasich.

I'm kind of with you, just because he is the least offensive monster in the room doesn't mean he isn't still a monster. His track record on Education, Worker's rights, and women's rights is just awful. Not that I expect a Republican to be "good" on any of those things...there hasn't been a good republican president supporting education since Eisenhower and the days of the National Defense Education Act.

My fiancee and I saw Bert with my friend and his wife for my friend's birthday. I had no idea who he was going into the show and I laughed harder at him than I ever did seeing my favorite comedians live (Jim Gaffigan, Mitch Hedberg, Colin Mochrie, etc). The dude has epic stage presence and it didn't hurt that he went about 45 minutes beyond when his set was supposed to end. He owned the crowd and absolutely fed off it, every time he ended a story and started with the "well that's it for me.....FUCK IT I'm having fun let's do another."

The Machine story was supposed to be end of his set but it really was only the beginning.

Oh right, this is a political discussion. carry on.

My fiancee and I saw Bert with my friend and his wife for my friend's birthday. I had no idea who he was going into the show and I laughed harder at him than I ever did seeing my favorite comedians live (Jim Gaffigan, Mitch Hedberg, Colin Mochrie, etc). The dude has epic stage presence and it didn't hurt that he went about 45 minutes beyond when his set was supposed to end. He owned the crowd and absolutely fed off it, every time he ended a story and started with the "well that's it for me.....FUCK IT I'm having fun let's do another."

The Machine story was supposed to be end of his set but it really was only the beginning.

Oh right, this is a political discussion. carry on.

He opened a set one time with the line "I just took a shit so big I had to wipe my legs."

Kasich isn't third party. If the GOP somehow manages to finagle Kasich as their guy, they've guaranteed a Hillary presidency. I agree that the entire process needs reform for third parties to be viable, but it's just completely unrealistic at the moment.

Kasich is the only one that polls above Hillary, wtf are you talking about?