Transmission Repair 6l80e

krc91987

I recently bought an 09 G8 GT and after 3000 glorious miles the transmission took a crap, long story short I've done a ton of research and it needs rebuilt or replaced of course. Wanting to know if anyone has recommendations for a local shop or previous experience with any. I am leaning towards a shop called Metro Transmission in Gahanna they have good yelp reviews and seem honest and knowledgeable on the phone, any one used them or know anything good or bad, thanks for any help in advance.

I've heard nothing but great things about Metro Transmissions over off Agler. Everyone I know that had them do trans work says they are awesome.

I had the trans in my Caprice rebuilt last year at Central Ohio Transmissions off of 33. They quoted me less than any other shop in town and their communication was top notch.

Thought about a 4l80 or even a turbo 400 swap but it's my daily so i just want stock replacement, plus trying to retain as many mpgs as i can lol, seems like no one really offers a "bulletproof" upgrage for these units lots of the high hp guys either just run em stock or swap to the above

Thought about a 4l80 or even a turbo 400 swap but it's my daily so i just want stock replacement, plus trying to retain as many mpgs as i can lol, seems like no one really offers a "bulletproof" upgrage for these units lots of the high hp guys either just run em stock or swap to the above

4l80 swap won't hurt your mpg bad at all and be a lot easier and overall a better trans, there is a reason people don't build the 6l

I had Z-tech in plain city rebuild the transmission for a Tahoe I bought last month. Upgraded parts ect and 4 day turn around time. They do performance based builds as well. Mine was done with towing in mind. 2k miles later, towed with it a few times and doing great.

I've heard nothing but great things about Metro Transmissions over off Agler. Everyone I know that had them do trans work says they are awesome.

I had the trans in my Caprice rebuilt last year at Central Ohio Transmissions off of 33. They quoted me less than any other shop in town and their communication was top notch.

+1

• 1 month later...
Well I got the car going again, ended up going with Crucial Performance in conjunction with a guy named Mike Turner, dropped it off and it was ready 2 weeks later new tune and all. I am very pleased with the results, it honestly drives like a different car, made me realize how screwed up it was before. Basically the issue was whoever did the original trans tune had no idea what they were doing which caused the torque converter to be damaged and sent a bunch of shit through the trans and wrecked the whole thing. So lesson learned on that but I would highly recommend Crucial great customer service and a fair price, plus the tune is spot on the car drives amazing!