Good Restaurants near Johnstown?

spankis

I'm getting married later this summer just outside of Johnstown, and I'm looking for a decent place to have our rehearsal dinner. I looked into The Barn in New Albany but it's crazy expensive, and they have a minimum (wedding is pretty small, around 30 at dinner).

Any suggestions? Closer to Johnstown the better. Thanks

I would sooner say eat in New Albany, or order all the food from Route 62 BBQ and eat where you have rehearsal.

Are you looking for a nice place, like Hudson 29 in New Albany? There's an Italian place over by Giant Eagle, called Rosa and Rocko's. I haven't been there, but have heard its good.

Edited by Mojoe

The problem with that area is You're either going to get really expensive fancy food, bar food, or fast food and not much else. Most of the nice sit down places are overpriced for what they are. Hudson 29 is a great example as is The Barn. We gave them both 2 shots and left with no urge to ever have to come back.

Rosa and Rocco's is a happy medium but it's pretty small. I'm not sure they could accommodate 30 and still have too much room left over for regular business though it's worth a shot.

There's "nice" bar food places right in New Albany. Rusty Bucket and Mellow Mushroom both have rooms that they could possibly put your party in...but it might be tight in those rooms. Worth a shot to at least talk to them.

One of our favorite dive's out here is Flanagan's. They have a LARGE party room that you could reserve, they have some really fantastic bar food, their Pizza is among my favorite in town and it's inexpensive...BUT..it's not nice or fancy in the least so if you need some sort of atmosphere other than "hey we're in a party room at a bar" it may not be the place for you.

Joe's suggestion of getting catering from 62 Barbecue could also work if you can eat at the location of the rehearsal.

I would sooner say eat in New Albany, or order all the food from Route 62 BBQ and eat where you have rehearsal.

Are you looking for a nice place, like Hudson 29 in New Albany? There's an Italian place over by Giant Eagle, call Rosa and Rocko's. I have been there, but have heard its good.

+1

Rosa and Rocko's is really good and not super expensive

Rosa and Rocco's is one if our favorite restaurants. There old Sunday brunch was the best in Columbus with all you can eat prime rib. Now you are limited to one piece but still amazing. They have a private room behind the bar that could accommodate your 30 people. Great food and price well.

Having worked out in Johnstown for more then 2 years I have been to all the above places, all were pretty good in my opinion. I don't know of anything else out that way really. Andy was accurate in his description, a few nice expensive places, a couple bars, and fast food. It's not a great area for those type things. I'd be looking around Easton and Hamilton Rd, it really isn't too far and you are likely to find something in that area.

Thanks guys, somebody else suggested Route 62 BBQ to me today so I'll look into that depending on eating at the rehearsal place. I will definitely call Rosa and Rocko's too, if they have a party room area that could work great.

Much appreciated.