LS3-T56 Jag XJ8L

zeitgeist57

Clay, you have a Jag don't you?

FiL bought the '99 XJ8L we have in FL. I'm "rocking" an '04 Cavalier now. :lol: Still drive the Jag every time I'm down there, though. It's a great car but the maintenance is expensive, even with indy-shops and RockAuto parts.

I thought about an LS-swap, slammed, patina'd XJ8, rolling on chrome Cragars and gutted exhaust. This is the exact opposite direction, and I love it more.

I had an extra manual transmission setup from an E39 I parted out (still have everything other than the trans) and I had my eye out for an E38 with a blown transmission on the cheap I could manual swap. Too many projects not enough time unfortunately.

I love Chevy v8 swapped jags. love them.

But I have to wonder, nearly $40K to replicate the effort?!? I am assuming that includes the paint and interior work as well as labor rates for the shops performing the work.

The other thing I was left wondering about was - what rear is in the car? If it is the jaguar rear I would love to hear what they did to make it live behind 575+ HP. If they just slapped a live axle ford 9inch or a 12 bolt in there then I can't help but feel disappointed.

here is a petrolicious article about the car from back in october with something in it that makes me want to ask more questions:

http://petrolicious.com/this-is-the-super-sedan-that-jaguar-should-have-made

The car sits on a custom suspension based on the Arden setup, but with modified lower control arm spring perches that allow it to sit lower.

Also....am I the only one that finds the gated shifter setup cheesy and gimmiky? considering all the detail that went into the aesthetics of this car to be subtle (custom handles, selectivity blacked out trim, custom recovered audi seats, custom offset rims, audi paint color in brown, etc...) it just stands out as out of place.

^I agree with you. Referring to it as a "budget build" then saying it was around $38k in parts is laughable to me, but a budget build is relative to ones budget.

The gated shifter was out of place to me, but it wouldn't have been as bad if it didn't have all that chatter in the trans. Really took away from the quality level of the build to me. That trans is overkill for the car, plenty of ways to keep it quiet and still handle the power.

Overall though the car is badass.

I thought the gated shifter was an awesome idea...until I realized that I'll bet that Kevlar-synchroed transmission - being a T56, the shifter is mounted directly into the trans and sliders for the shifter forks - ALL THE TRANNY NOISE will transmit through the shifter knob and rattle that gated bezel.

I thought the gated shifter was an awesome idea...until I realized that I'll bet that Kevlar-synchroed transmission - being a T56, the shifter is mounted directly into the trans and sliders for the shifter forks - ALL THE TRANNY NOISE will transmit through the shifter knob and rattle that gated bezel.

take another muffler off