Who Can Repair 04 LeSabre Gauge Cluster?

Fiji ST

Anyone on here able to do this or recommend a shop that would do it for not a lot of coin? The speedometer in my wife's grandparents car has stopped working. Everything else but that works and they can't afford $750 for a new one.

What needs done? Just the motor?

Not sure. Apparently it's been this way for several years and they just brought it to my attention. Everything else works properly, but the needle doesn't budge on the speedo.

I would try replacing the stepper motor.

http://www.amazon.com/Stepper-Motors-Cluster-Odometer-Tachometer/dp/B00D10JXY0

Getting the cluster out is the most difficult part of the process. Desoldering the old motor out and soldering the new one is is pretty easy with the right tools. I have done a bunch for our autotech program. If you get the parts and pull the cluster I would be willing to help replace the stepper motor. Replace all the motors or just the one, your choice.

Not sure. Apparently it's been this way for several years and they just brought it to my attention. Everything else works properly, but the needle doesn't budge on the speedo.

Try smacking the dash right above the cluster, works everytime my speedo needle freezes :thumbup:

I would try replacing the stepper motor.

http://www.amazon.com/Stepper-Motors-Cluster-Odometer-Tachometer/dp/B00D10JXY0

Getting the cluster out is the most difficult part of the process. Desoldering the old motor out and soldering the new one is is pretty easy with the right tools. I have done a bunch for our autotech program. If you get the parts and pull the cluster I would be willing to help replace the stepper motor. Replace all the motors or just the one, your choice.

How long would it take you to get it done?

If it stopped would the miles still count? If not just go grab a pick-n-pull one if you can? Either way its a 04 LeSabre... speedo > mileage

Try smacking the dash right above the cluster, works everytime my speedo needle freezes :thumbup:

Neither of these will work, but thanks. :lol:

We might be able to send it out or do an exchange. We exchange a lot of Silverado clusters. Usually costs $195 I will check into it.

Let me know what you find out.

They don't specifically list Buick, but other GMs so it might be worth inquiring. Copied this from Clay's Lexus thread:

http://www.taninautoelectronix.com/mobile/default.aspx

I'll email them if I don't hear from Rick or Grudes.

How long would it take you to get it done?

Bring me the kit from amazon with the motors and the cluster and I'll do it right then. Heck I can even teach you how to do it if you want. Takes more time to crack open the cluster and get the board out than it does to desolder the old motor out and solder the new one in.

Seriously, if there are no problems it's about a 15 minute job.

Bring me the kit from amazon with the motors and the cluster and I'll do it right then. Heck I can even teach you how to do it if you want. Takes more time to crack open the cluster and get the board out than it does to desolder the old motor out and solder the new one in.

Seriously, if there are no problems it's about a 15 minute job.

Let me talk to them and see what I can get figured out. I might just bring the car and you can help me get it out since you know more about them than I do.