NFL Draft

Otis Nice

Can't find the NFL thread so I'll post here:

1) Super pumped about Zeke going to my Cowboys. With that line and Dez he should do well.

2) My favorite quote thus far: "So far we've gone quarterback, quarterback, Buckeye, Buckeye."

3) Anyone surprised at Bosa going #3?

I'm surprised Bosa and Zeek went 3/4. Expected 5-15 for both.

I was surprised at Bosa. Was hoping for either him or Zeke at 4 for us, but 3-4 was not what I thought would happen.

WTF Browns?

Are you surprised?

Hate my bears pick.

Who were you hoping for?

I like the Bengals pick and happy to see we didn't reach for a WR after all the good ones were taken. Plus the Steelers wanted our guy so that gives me a boner that we prevented those fucks from getting him.

To bad there weren't any coaches to draft that could win a playoff game! [emoji79]

To bad there weren't any coaches to draft that could win a playoff game! [emoji79]

Lol Marvin has done more for Cinci than any other coach in history. Not his biggest fan but he's better than half or more of the coaches in the NFL.

5 Ohio State guys in the first round... not bad. I was hoping to get 6. I don't understand the Browns pick but whatever its the Browns.

I see a lot of Browns fans saying that...who did you guys want? Coleman is a stud but since I don't follow you guys I'm not sure if there was anyone who could have better. Plus you got more picks.

Lots of good talent not taken yesterday. I have a feeling the second and third round is going to be more exciting then the first round.

All media outlets are confused why Chicago would give up a fourth round pick to move up and take Floyd. Terrible pick. Still pissed.

I like the Bengals pick and happy to see we didn't reach for a WR after all the good ones were taken. Plus the Steelers wanted our guy so that gives me a boner that we prevented those fucks from getting him.

Yeah it was karma. I laughed when Minnesota took the WR that Cincy targeted...then Cincy took the guy I wanted for the Steelers

Browns LOL drafting a WR from Baylor is an awful decision. Does the Big12 even defense? Browns keep picking skill position guys after skill position guys and it's such a fail. Build your lines through the draft then work your way out.

Glad my Bengals didn't reach for a receiver. We need help at DB so I'm good with that pick. We can grab a solid WR in the 2nd or 3rd round. Miller and Thomas will be available :masturboy:

Did he even get picked up at all?

He will this weekend. I think Cardale made the right choice by staying personally. It goes beyond just being a top 10 pick. If he would have left last year, he would have had huge expectations and been an almost certain immediate bust. By dropping to the later rounds, he'll go to a team that doesn't need a QB right now and he'll be able to sit on the bench and learn and gain some much needed experience from NFL coaches before he's thrown out to the wolves.

Anyone laughing at the Browns for who they picked is missing the point; I guarantee they tried to the last second to trade that pick and stockpile more, but when there was no call, they picked their position of greatest need. Yeah, they need help on the line, but RGIII/McCown will need people to throw to, and Barnidge is NOT going to have the same year he just had. With Gordon presumed gone for another season (forever), Benjamin leaving for greener pastures, Bowe being one of the most epic busts in recent WR history, they have nobody to throw to...Pryor? Hawkins? Hartline? Gimme a break. Gotta draft aggressively, gotta address needs, and with 12 picks they can take some risks. I think they should just draft 4 WRs, 2 d-line, 2 o-line, and use the rest of the picks on random D positions. Coleman is a reach, sure, but a reach that addresses a need, and a guy who has the unteachable qualities like speed and hands can be morphed into a solid NFL WR with practice and good coaching. and for once, I believe Cleveland has that.

The browns need lineman especially offensive linemen. It doesn't matter who is under center if you cant protect him.

and it doesn't matter how long the QB is protected if his WRs are trash and can't get open. The best QBs in the league have become successful by having quick, powerful releases and fantastic timing with their WRs