NFL Draft

Otis Nice

He will this weekend. I think Cardale made the right choice by staying personally. It goes beyond just being a top 10 pick. If he would have left last year, he would have had huge expectations and been an almost certain immediate bust. By dropping to the later rounds, he'll go to a team that doesn't need a QB right now and he'll be able to sit on the bench and learn and gain some much needed experience from NFL coaches before he's thrown out to the wolves.

I'm pretty happy with the Steelers pick. We DESPERATELY need a decent CB that is aggressive and fast...dude's got it all.

I would LOVE to see Cardale go to us in the 5 round. He's big, tough, and would learn a lot from Ben. He could develop behind a star QB and step in when Ben gets hurt!

-Marc

I'm pretty happy with the Steelers pick. We DESPERATELY need a decent CB that is aggressive and fast...dude's got it all.

I would LOVE to see Cardale go to us in the 5 round. He's big, tough, and would learn a lot from Ben. He could develop behind a star QB and step in when Ben gets hurt!

-Marc

I've wondered the same, he definitely has the size and arm to step in to a system used to Big Ben, but they'll have to work on his football smarts.

cardale really made a mistake by not leaving last year...

Did he even get picked up at all?

He will this weekend. I think Cardale made the right choice by staying personally. It goes beyond just being a top 10 pick. If he would have left last year, he would have had huge expectations and been an almost certain immediate bust. By dropping to the later rounds, he'll go to a team that doesn't need a QB right now and he'll be able to sit on the bench and learn and gain some much needed experience from NFL coaches before he's thrown out to the wolves.

Cardale will be alright. As bad as he played this past season he still have not lost a game yet. May be he's lucky. I think Denver will scoop him up.

The Browns offensive line won't be that bad. Bitonio is good, Greco and Pasztor aren't terrible, and Joe Thomas is Joe Thomas. I'm not ready to give up on Irving after one year. They have a ton of picks, they'll add a couple quality guys.

Just PLEASE avoid the shitty group of QBs still out there. If the Browns blow a pick on Connor Cook, I'm going to light something on fire.

Lots of good talent not taken yesterday. I have a feeling the second and third round is going to be more exciting then the first round.

Lol...you're saying that because there's like three Bama kids that were supposed to go first round that didn't. :dumb:

Yeah it was karma. I laughed when Minnesota took the WR that Cincy targeted...then Cincy took the guy I wanted for the Steelers

Yeah, I wish we would have gotten one of the "Big 4" receivers but I'm REALLY happy we didn't reach for someone who truly isn't a 1st rd pick. I think we'll get Michael Thomas in the second round if he's available.

cardale really made a mistake by not leaving last year...

Disagree...he wasn't ready. This year taught him a lot and I agree that his expectations are now lower because he didn't leave- that's a good thing for someone with his maturity level.

Browns LOL drafting a WR from Baylor is an awful decision. Does the Big12 even defense? Browns keep picking skill position guys after skill position guys and it's such a fail. Build your lines through the draft then work your way out.

Glad my Bengals didn't reach for a receiver. We need help at DB so I'm good with that pick. We can grab a solid WR in the 2nd or 3rd round. Miller and Thomas will be available :masturboy:

Coleman was a great WR- he was my number 1 for the Bengals. He's fast as hell and can cut like a damn knife. I totally agree that I'm glad Bengals didn't reach- they've done well with picking best player available and drafting needs where appropriate.

Anyone laughing at the Browns for who they picked is missing the point; I guarantee they tried to the last second to trade that pick and stockpile more, but when there was no call, they picked their position of greatest need. Yeah, they need help on the line, but RGIII/McCown will need people to throw to, and Barnidge is NOT going to have the same year he just had. With Gordon presumed gone for another season (forever), Benjamin leaving for greener pastures, Bowe being one of the most epic busts in recent WR history, they have nobody to throw to...Pryor? Hawkins? Hartline? Gimme a break. Gotta draft aggressively, gotta address needs, and with 12 picks they can take some risks. I think they should just draft 4 WRs, 2 d-line, 2 o-line, and use the rest of the picks on random D positions. Coleman is a reach, sure, but a reach that addresses a need, and a guy who has the unteachable qualities like speed and hands can be morphed into a solid NFL WR with practice and good coaching. and for once, I believe Cleveland has that.

and it doesn't matter how long the QB is protected if his WRs are trash and can't get open. The best QBs in the league have become successful by having quick, powerful releases and fantastic timing with their WRs

Completely agree- Browns made a good move. If they give Hue a few years to get that shit storm together, they'll be a Wild Card contender by 2018/2019 season.

Is Coleman really that good? I don't remember him showing up when Baylor played the better teams on their schedule.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/corey-coleman-1/gamelog/2015/

He was good enough to win the Biletnikoff last year. Keep in mind Baylor had all their quarterbacks get hurt last year, which I'm sure had an effect.

Browns LOL drafting a WR from Baylor is an awful decision. Does the Big12 even defense? Browns keep picking skill position guys after skill position guys and it's such a fail. Build your lines through the draft then work your way out.

Right, because Josh Gordon was so terrible when he was on the field, right? He only led the NFL in receiving, but whatever. The conference he played in is irrelevant.

The new front office has made one pick thus far. Don't blame them for Ray Farmer's fuck ups. Even when they tried drafting linemen high, they failed miserably.

Receiver was their biggest need, and they addressed that. They have a dozen more picks to address some of their other needs. Hell, they have needs everywhere. Give it time.

The Browns offensive line won't be that bad. Bitonio is good, Greco and Pasztor aren't terrible, and Joe Thomas is Joe Thomas. I'm not ready to give up on Irving after one year. They have a ton of picks, they'll add a couple quality guys.

Just PLEASE avoid the shitty group of QBs still out there. If the Browns blow a pick on Connor Cook, I'm going to light something on fire.

Haha yea F that guy

He was good enough to win the Biletnikoff last year. Keep in mind Baylor had all their quarterbacks get hurt last year, which I'm sure had an effect.

Good point about the qb's. Forgot about that over Briles whining all the time.

My Saints ended up with a couple buckeyes.....Bell and Thomas. I hoped they could somehow swing Braxton Miller too but no way it could happen. I think Miller is going to be a star on the right team....not sure Houston is that team. I just like him....wish we would've got him.