WTB(orrow) bulk wire stripper

mmrmnhrm

Anybody have one that can handle between #12 and #6 THHN wire? We'll be doing a big project at work in about a month, and stripping the scrap before taking it to the yard doubles what we get for it (which makes the accountants happy, and me look good :)). As an aside, we've been using Ace I&M on Groveport Rd for years just because they're easy to work with, but if there's a place with better prices, I'm all ears.

You were never supposed to burn it off, but that didn't stop many people.

Best way I found to strip wire like that was to tie it to something, stretch it out, and shave a stripe off as you walk down it with a sharp knife. The rest of the insulation peels right off.

You were never supposed to burn it off, but that didn't stop many people.

Best way I found to strip wire like that was to tie it to something, stretch it out, and shave a stripe off as you walk down it with a sharp knife. The rest of the insulation peels right off.

This ^

This is more or less what I do already with the smaller amounts of #10. As the wire and insulation gets thicker, though, doing it that way becomes a fair bit harder :(

several years ago I had a lot of #4 I wanted to scrap. I built a small contraption out of wood with a hole in the middle that held a razor blade. You push the wire in to start and the blade split the insulation so you could separate it as you pull it through. Still work but made for quicker work.