F.F.S. Ricart - Asking price of a GT350R

BigOxley

Was wandering the Ricart website when I jumped over the GT350's. Saw the asking price of a GT350R of $149K. I didn't remember the price being that high so I looked at the window sticker: $67,345

Are you fucking kidding me?

Could be that they specifically DON'T want to sell it; keep it on the lot, use it to generate excitement and sales for more readily available models, but if some dingus wants to take it off their hands for that price, sure why not sell it for $80k over sticker.

It's also WAY easier to refuse test drives/keep away tire kickers when you have it priced out of the market.

Was wandering the Ricart website when I jumped over the GT350's. Saw the asking price of a GT350R of $149K. I didn't remember the price being that high so I looked at the window sticker: $67,345

Are you fucking kidding me?

Not surprising. First-year models of niche-market cars are normally like that.

Grant is 100% correct. The GT350 in general are selling on average with ADM. The Rs are so rare, and demand so high, average ADM on them seems to be 10-15k.

Dealers in California, and all around the country have stock piles with 20-25k+ on regular ones, and like Ricart, tater levels on Rs. It's not a matter of IF they will sell them, its when, and for how much over MSRP.

That is happening all over the US on these Shelbys.

Is why I started pricing Camaros and ultimately ended up buying a Stingray. Fuck that noise. Actually - fuck dealers altogether.

Bring on the Tesla Direct-to-Customer model asap. Can't get here soon enough.

That is happening all over the US on these Shelbys.

Is why I started pricing Camaros and ultimately ended up buying a Stingray. Fuck that noise. Actually - fuck dealers altogether.

Bring on the Tesla Direct-to-Customer model asap. Can't get here soon enough.

This man speaks the truth !!! fuck dealers and the bull shit games they pull ! Directed to customer all the way

All car manufacturers do it for a low production unit specialty vehicles

Many Porsche dealers don't do this. It's frowned upon from the folks in Germany and can limit the amount of GT division cars the dealer may get.

However, quite a few wealthy individuals will put their brand new 30 mile GT3 RS on consignment with them for 90k over asking.

Hellcats?

Many of the dealers that marked them up had their allocations for later years pulled.

That's what I thought on both accounts but wasn't sure. Without putting too much thought into it, as in perhaps there is a downside, but I like that.

Just wait until the nsx and ft-1 are released. Toyota will be going apeshit like they did with the FR-S saying no test drives, etc.

No test drives on the FRS? Where was that an issue? I would imagine it would've been dealer's choice.

What car manufacturer awhile back released a marque vehicle and demanded their dealer networks did not mark up the cars? I swear it's right on the tip of my brain...

Back in 2003 Dodge SRT-4 announced fastest car for under 20 G's and they stuck with the $19,995.00 and frowned upon anybody asking for a lack of availability fee or any other fees. Basically everyone wanted $19,995.00 except a few dipshit dealers that wanted 22 - 25g's. Mathews Ford in Heath Ohio had a 05 Ford GT Blue with white stripes when they first came out they wanted 150k plus $100,000 a lack of availability fee so the total of 250 k. And they still sold that thing quick as hell. Car dealers doing that should be illegal.

What car manufacturer awhile back released a marque vehicle and demanded their dealer networks did not mark up the cars? I swear it's right on the tip of my brain...

Back in 2003 Dodge SRT-4 announced fastest car for under 20 G's and they stuck with the $19,995.00 and frowned upon anybody asking for a lack of availability fee or any other fees. Basically everyone wanted $19,995.00 except a few dipshit dealers that wanted 22 - 25g's. Mathews Ford in Heath Ohio had a 05 Ford GT Blue with white stripes when they first came out they wanted 150k plus $100,000 a lack of availability fee so the total of 250 k. And they still sold that thing quick as hell. Car dealers doing that should be illegal.

Honestly, they should be allowed to. People shouldn't be willing to pay the exorbitant price for it. Or, in the case of Chrysler or FCA, punish the stealerships. Their greed can cost the manufacturer in the long run. And of course, cost the enthusiast who can't afford the ridiculous markups AND who can.