Hot tub/jacuzzi parts and repair resources

zeitgeist57

I may have asked this question in the past, but the hot tub in the backyard that I haven't run in over a year. The water is magically clear under the cover, but I think the filter housing cracked during the winter.

Any DIY resources to get new pump/valves? Thanks!

If you are not in a hurry there are places around town you can have the pump and motor rebuilt. A friend did it a while back. I had All Season spas diagnose and replace a pump and motor and it ran be about $1000. I had trouble sitting down for a while after that one. From now on I'll try fixing it myself first.

For the filter housing, if you can get to the crack I would probably try epoxy and fiberglass. It doesn't need to hold pressure, just not leak. I have fixed a plastic pond this way.

As for valves I would guess you can find what you need on Amazon.

At my previous house, I had let a pricey filter housing for my pool freeze and crack. After cringing at replacement prices, a little two part epoxy got me through the remaining two seasons at that house.

• 2 years later...

Allow me to show you what I ended up doing this past weekend...

ULdVFAP.jpg

mv90nxt.jpg

srLDnGA.jpg

I let this thing get pretty gnarly, having not been used since 2013. Surprisingly, the water was crystal clear after 5 years...until I took a reciprocating saw to it. :D

https://i.imgur.com/afm3ubY.jpg

1988? Time for a new one.