Wheel bearing

Lauren

Is it a bearing seated in the control arm, with a driveshaft that goes through it?

Harbor Freight makes a "Front Wheel Bearing" tool kit that works like a charm to get the old bearing and race out and reinstall a new one in quick order.

It's seated in the hub. Need to be pressed in and pressed out. Evidently they are a real bitch. Pulled hub from car. I would rather just drop hub and new bearing off someplace and pick it up when it's finished.

It's seated in the hub. Need to be pressed in and pressed out. Evidently they are a real bitch. Pulled hub from car. I would rather just drop hub and new bearing off someplace and pick it up when it's finished.

Most dealerships will but then your paying a dealer premium as well

With the time it takes to keep this thread going, you could've done this bearing job in less than an hour. For what BMW owners say is a horrid job, I was amazed at how quickly the rear bearings came out and new ones went in.

http://www.harborfreight.com/fwd-front-wheel-bearing-adapters-66829.html

I wouldn't care, except I know you'll flip this wagon and try to make money off of another VAG car - might as well spend $100 on the tool that will help facilitate wheel bearing replacement for yourself at home, anytime.

Sorry, Austin - not trying to keep you from new business ;) but if we're going to keep seeing this thread pop up I might as well opine. :D

Been outta town and haven't had a chance to work on the car. Something I plan to take care of once I'm home and able to.

Also I won't be flipping this one pearl white avant with black leather interior is a unicorn. I'll be holding onto this one for quite some time.