Carpet?

BBQdDude

Getting ready to sell the house. I am thinking the carpet will need replaced due to grand kids and pets. I have had it cleaned once every 6 months professionally.

So who would you call to buy builder or apartment grade carpet and then have them install it?

I've done carpet in every one of my rentals, and honestly the best places I've used are Home Depot or Lowes, pending whoever is running free install at the time. Get yourself a 10% off coupon from the post office (it's for Lowe's but HD accepts them). Expect to pay around $1.60 a sq ft for builder grade carpet with a good pad, INSTALLED. Just multiply that times your square foot for an estimate.

I have searched far and wide for better deals, but you get into saving $25-$50 and running the risk of not dealing with a big box store, which will always make shit right if something goes wrong.

That is what I was looking for a rental person :). Scheduled Lowes. However Home Depot wants $35 to measure and make a quote so I will wait and use the measurements from Lowes when talking to Home Depot.

I appreciate the heads up as this shit is expensive lol.

That is what I was looking for a rental person :). Scheduled Lowes. However Home Depot wants $35 to measure and make a quote so I will wait and use the measurements from Lowes when talking to Home Depot.

I appreciate the heads up as this shit is expensive lol.

was Lowes free to get measurements? if so i might have to make a call too.

Are you using a realtor? If so honestly, have them walk it and let them make the call on what you need to fix or replace.Ccertainly doesn't hurt to get the free estimate but it may not really be an issue.

Already did. She wants it replaced. Me? I want to do one or two open houses. If someone mentions they would bid but this is making them not bid I would then offer a carpet allowance equal to the cost of replacement.

I wanted to leave our carpet when we sold our house and give a credit. The agent wanted me to replace carpet and paint. Once all was said and done I got 6k over asking price. Why? Because it was move in ready and they didn't have to do shit.

Best price we found was riterug.

100% make it move in ready. People don't want to fuck with scheduling carpet install while closing on a house and moving.

OP- Lowe's charges for measurement too, not sure why they didn't this time. Both apply the cost to your bill, so if you go with them, it's a free measurement. They will NOT use each others measurements, you have to have it measured from the store that you go with (trust me, I tried, and have solid relationships with both Lowes and Home Depot, they're strict on it).

Good luck man.

My issue with doing it pre showing/sale is I have so much furniture. I assume I would have to have every room empty?

You can pay to have them move furniture

Cool :). Got rite rug and lowes slotted, will see. I figure painted inside of house, power washed outside, resealed driveway and I have fixed all the small things myself. Just hate spending another 2k and the hassle that comes with it.

Thanks everyone for the input/suggestions/thoughts.

• 2 months later...
Cool :). Got rite rug and lowes slotted, will see. I figure painted inside of house, power washed outside, resealed driveway and I have fixed all the small things myself. Just hate spending another 2k and the hassle that comes with it.

Thanks everyone for the input/suggestions/thoughts.

How'd this all work out?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Already did. She wants it replaced. Me? I want to do one or two open houses. If someone mentions they would bid but this is making them not bid I would then offer a carpet allowance equal to the cost of replacement.

Why not just leave it to the new owners. this is a sellers market right now in houses are going so fast it's ridiculous. if they complain about the carpet offer a carpet allowance for the new owners get to pick their own new carpet, it's kind of a selling feature

-edit-

I see you already replaced it

:thumbsup:

How'd this all work out?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I did all but two rooms and the stairs as they were in perfect condition. I ended up at $1.89 a square foot out the door. Rite rug performed flawlessly and above expectation from pre sales, sales, install and followup.