To SRT or not?

Grudes

Howling is normal.. if you turn traction control off it stops. Other issues is probably the front diff bushing also common. None of which are big issues.

Ill have to pull it in and get in the air and check it out. It kinda felt like the U-Joints were going bad as well as some other noises. Also the A/C didnt work, and the Ignition lock cylinder was messed up, minor issues but the sum of everything made me weary.

From the way you described it my thought was u-joints too. Honestly, if it's a good enough deal (aka dealer cost) it might be worth it just to buy it and fix the little problems and drive it for a year to see if you like it. At the very least you can probably get out of it for the same money you have in.

Ill have to pull it in and get in the air and check it out. It kinda felt like the U-Joints were going bad as well as some other noises. Also the A/C didnt work, and the Ignition lock cylinder was messed up, minor issues but the sum of everything made me weary.

If you work for the dealer, get with the service manager and get them all fixed up. They may as well do a few things to it for you as an employee vs having a customer unhappy in the short term when they buy it and need them done.

If you work for the dealer, get with the service manager and get them all fixed up. They may as well do a few things to it for you as an employee vs having a customer unhappy in the short term when they buy it and need them done.

+1

Always listen to your gut feeling. But just know those issues are not major. The Srt8 jeep is a blast to drive and is definitely a head Turner. I had people stop in the middle of the road just to ask about it. I sold because 2 car seats sucked to put in there and I needed a truck again. Or I would still have it

We drove it some yesterday and pulled it in, upon further review it need a transmission and a rear diff rebuild. It was a blast to drive but this one seemed pretty beat up so I passed and the dealership decided to wholesale it.

Likely a good idea, punt it down the road to another sucker ;)

However now that you've tried...do you have the bug to start searching for another one?

Yea it was a fun truck other than the mechanical issues. I would like one as a DD to haul my dog around and stuff. I still have my STi to beat on when I feel the need. :gabe: