Old wood playground - where to dispose?

zeitgeist57

Hey, guys...I already tore apart an old Rainbow playground we had in our backyard. The wood's pretty rotten in spots from Carpenter bees and ants. I'd like to avoid paying to dump it in SWACO.

Would mulch companies take something like this? Looking for where I can dispose of it. Not much hardware left (someone took it from Buy/Sell/Trade on Facebook.)

Doesn't Lowes or Home Depot sell one of those haul away tarp-like dumpsters that you can use...

http://www.wm.com/residential/bagster-bag.jsp

I used that for when we ripped up the carpet/tile and hardwood a few years ago.

The bag itself was 50 or so and to haul it away was $130ish. Maybe $150.

Just need to make sure it's out by the curb. We didn't and had to tie it to my brothers truck and drag it through the grass out to the curb.

Pickerington has the same rules. When we sold our house at the last minute the buyers wanted the swing set removed. Got out my chain saw and burnt it in the firepit.

haha! that's what I've been doing to bankers boxes full of my wife's papers that she needs "shredded" Some pine needles, box in the center and a little lighter fluid. Bam! Gone in 20 minutes.

Sorry, guys...been werking and just got back to the thread...

It's not pressure-treated...looks amber/reddish like cedar. I have a few metal poles from a ladder and monkeybars, and two large, green plastic sheets that were the roof. The set looks kinda like this but with solid roofing:

http://ll-us-i5.wal.co/dfw/dce07b8c-46bb/k2-_26379ee2-3dde-42f2-8418-9c14eac85f76.v1.jpg-2fa5ef6177c5f2ed7f16aff69f91ae02b8afc46b-optim-450x450.jpg

It's in pieces in the back of my truck. I gotta dump it tonight as I have other hauling duties in advance of tomorrow's birthday party. :(

Thanks, guys.

I ended up dropping it off at SWACO. Took just under an hour round-trip and cost me gas+$11.12

Eli, FWIW...we put it up on Buy/Sell/Trade and had 3 tire-kickers that thought it was beyond repair from carpenter bee/ant damage.

Glad to have it gone. :)