No 2016 Racing at Bonneville?

Geeto67

http://www.hotrod.com/news/1606-blm-threatens-no-racing-at-bonneville-due-negative-comments-according-to-scta/

Bill Lattin, president of the Southern California Timing Association (SCTA), has informed its members that Roxanne Tea, Bureau of Land Management (BLM) outdoor recreation planner, has said there will be no racing organizations on the salt, “due to negative comments, letters, and other media.” The BLM has been criticized for its management of salt reclamation from mining, specifically how much salt should be returned to the Salt Flats after minerals have been extracted. The SCTA has kept records of the depth of the salt surface for more than 50 years showing there were times when the salt was more than 1-foot thick. There are now sections where the salt has completely receded and mud is visible. The racing surface has degraded significantly over the last decade, exacerbated by extended periods of rain that drain through the salt and into the ground below, causing muddy conditions unsuitable for racing.

there is a lot of buzz around Wilmington continuing now that Amazon bought the airport:

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/business/2016/03/09/wilmington-air-transport-firm-confirms-its-in-deal-with-amazon.html

I hope they let it continue. LSR seems to be a dying sport for lack of venues not participants.

I was there once as a tourist, it has been a dream of mine to run the Bonneville course on a motorcycle. If things keep going the way they are it may be an unrealistic fantasy.