EngineLabs LSX vs Coyote Shootout

wagner

Also, it's fun to talk about budget-build engines for power, but none of that matters ultimately without the rest of the powertrain holding it together.

You can have a 5.3 making big boot, but if you have a $250 T5 manual trans it's gonna grenade. Having a built T56 or more is going to be $2500 easily. :/

EDIT: LOL, just saw Tim's comment above. If I ever throw a V8 in my BMW E36, there's nobility in keeping the budget at 300-350hp and a T5 behind it for cheapness.

There's just nothing sexy or even very fulfilling about putting a tranny in a car. It's a necessary evil though. That was kinda where I stopped at on mine. I did the rear and suspension which sucked in itself doing but I hoped the 4l60e would hold out for a few years until I could get to it so I went ahead and did the heads/cam and just threw a stall/cooler at the tranny. It has held up....I'm on about year 10 of it like that. I'm just at the point now where I want to make a lot of power and there's that damn tranny hanging over my head again. Should've done it back then....that was pre-2 of the kids and would've been much easier to do then. If I got really lucky and found one or the other used/cheap I could probably swing a tranny and blower. Now I'm also having to look at a different cam plus injectors ect ect ect. It's at about this point I start pricing out Polaris Razr's :D