Chann

Chann

Hey guys! My names Corey and i'm a Columbus local. I currently own a 2009 Mustang V6 (I know it sucks). I am currently planing on parting ways with the mustang to snag a jeep for the winter, securing a street bike over winter and then building a Df Goblin (Look it up) as funds become available and I have a home to call my own. I think being on the form should help as building a full kit car can be a long hard process.

I also co-own Fine Mark Media, a videography company specializing in aerial imagery as well as stabilized ground video.

Thanks for the add

http://dfkitcar.com/

Edited by Mitch
added the goddamned link to be nice.

I saw 2 of those goblin things at gridlife. Had no clue what they were at the time. Why chose that over an exocet or other kit cars?

I like the idea of the Goblin because its a budget kit car, its mid-engine for better handling than the exocet and it has very few body panels for an easy build. I also like that all you need is the kit and a wrecked Cobalt SS and your handling amazing and your 0-60 is less than 3.3 seconds.

How did they do at Gridlife? Do you have any pictures?

I like the idea of the Goblin because its a budget kit car, its mid-engine for better handling than the exocet and it has very few body panels for an easy build. I also like that all you need is the kit and a wrecked Cobalt SS and your handling amazing and your 0-60 is less than 3.3 seconds.

How did they do at Gridlife? Do you have any pictures?

No pictures. They just kinda rolled around. I didn't see them on track but I didn't spectate that much. It seems they still use struts. I'd venture to guess a double A arm suspension with aftermarket dampers on an exocet would handle much better than these and be much easier to align. An addition to that is the exocet is 50/50 weight wise where these are all in the rear. Seems to have the same problem as the 911 but without all the experience in trying to make it work.

Just curious as I'm unfamiliar with the goblin but have always wanted to do an exocet.

No pictures. They just kinda rolled around. I didn't see them on track but I didn't spectate that much. It seems they still use struts. I'd venture to guess a double A arm suspension with aftermarket dampers on an exocet would handle much better than these and be much easier to align. An addition to that is the exocet is 50/50 weight wise where these are all in the rear. Seems to have the same problem as the 911 but without all the experience in trying to make it work.

Just curious as I'm unfamiliar with the goblin but have always wanted to do an exocet.

I would just be worried about the lack luster power of the miata. The SS turbos can dyno at around 300 wheel with a few mods. Add that much horsepower in a 1500 lb car and you have a rocket ship. As far as weight distro is concerned im sure its no where near 50/50 for the goblin. I also prefer the looks of the goblin with the large wing over the exocet.

K20, k24, lsx, the V6, the same duratec motors have all been done in the miata which means they can be done in the exocet. A K24 with a rotrex can make some serious power.

Im interested mostly because of its lower cost. Seems fairly straight forward build too. And they offer gelcoat and powercoat from the factory!

Im interested mostly because of its lower cost. Seems fairly straight forward build too. And they offer gelcoat and powercoat from the factory!

Welcome first off, secondly a Exocet comes painted from the factory is a plethora of color options and even carbon if you want to spend some extra $$$

Like also stated any bring that has a Miata swap will swap with the Exocet as well as a 8.8 rear end.

Welcome.

You may want to price used Miata parts before you talk budget, besides a basic turbo kit ( also done cheap) will get you in the same ballpark as that raged ass Cobalt SS drivetrain. Trust me having played with the Cobalts and owned a turbo Miata, the Miata is cheaper and more trouble free.

Welcome to the site! Pics of the Mustang. Yes, V6 LOL...but if you're going to base-engine something, at least it's RWD and a coupe with a stick shift.

It IS a stick shift, amirite??? ;)

It is manual thank god. Wouldn't have it any other way.

• Casper unlocked this topic