2 officers shot at protest about police shootings in dallas

mrs.cos

Serious question: are you mentally handicapped?

Classy.

How EXACTLY do you propose we capture alive an active shooter who is literally in the process of shooting at police officers?

I don't. There are many here who are advocating we grant a blanket right to the police to execute people in these situations, instead I propose we develop standards and protocols for what is considered "active shooter" and lethal force and we evaluate on a case by case basis as the situation allows.

Look, I agree that there's potentially a dangerous slope for the use of explosives by our police. I agree, there's a few corrupt departments out there (Dallas is absolutely NOT one of them, though - look at their track record). At no point, however, do I sympathize with the shooter over the shootee. He lost that the moment he opened fire.
NOBODY is sympathizing with the shooter OVER his victims. But I still recognize his rights as a human and an American. If you don't get that then I don't know what to tell you.

Let's put it this way, if you own a gun and someone breaks into your house and kills your wife/girlfriend/child/mother/father/whatever, then aims at you, are you going to tell me you're NOT going to try to shoot him before he shoots you?

Not even close to being an analogous situation but then again you missed a lot if what I am saying.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real life scenario for you...

You're at a store and you have your CCW with a .45 by your side (I know you would never but play along for a minute) and an active shooter comes in and you witness him shoot and kill at least 8-10 people and he doesn't seem to be slowing. You first find cover since he is blocking your exit. Suddenly he moves into a position where you have a clear shot at him if you choose, what do you do?

Our government has been doing it since 1776, cupcake. It's not pretty, but there are a few well-documented situations where it's warranted.[/Quote] and many thousands of cases where it wasn't, where there was abuse of the system etc. again it's part of the reason why our laws evolve, to further protect constitutional rights.

Mexico is cheap as fuck if you hate America that much.

The principles I am talking about are core to America and the identity of its citizens. How is it that I "hate America" if I am the one advocating fundamental principals of the constitution.

and many thousands of cases where it wasn't, where there was abuse of the system etc. again it's part of the reason why our laws evolve, to further protect constitutional rights.

The principles I am talking about are core to America and the identity of its citizens. How is it that I "hate America" if I am the one advocating fundamental principals of the constitution.

Aren't you a Bernie and/or Hillary supporter?

NOBODY is sympathizing with the shooter OVER his victims. But I still recognize his rights as a human and an American. If you don't get that then I don't know what to tell you.

So his rights as an active shooter who you have VISIBLE EVIDENCE that he's killed at least 3 officers (at the time of the parking garage holdup) are more important than the rights of innocent men and women who being paid to not run away?

You understand he doesn't have regard for human life, right? I guess you're one of those "if we ban guns, nobody will die!" people.

You're at a store and you have your CCW with a .45 by your side (I know you would never but play along for a minute) and an active shooter comes in and you witness him shoot and kill at least 8-10 people and he doesn't seem to be slowing. You first find cover since he is blocking your exit. Suddenly he moves into a position where you have a clear shot at him if you choose, what do you do?

Obviously you put down your gun because when the shooter sees that you aren't armed he'll naturally disarm himself too. At that point, you can ask him if he'll please come with you to the police station to talk about his emotions, but you should mention that you don't want to hurt his feelings, so it's okay if he wants to blow your fucking brains out instead.

#KerryLogic

You're at a store and you have your CCW with a .45 by your side (I know you would never but play along for a minute)

I have had both those things. I don't anymore. Not because of any ideology, I just view these things as tools and I no longer have a need for that tool.

and an active shooter comes in and you witness him shoot and kill at least 8-10 people and he doesn't seem to be slowing. You first find cover since he is blocking your exit. Suddenly he moves into a position where you have a clear shot at him if you choose, what do you do?

What's the point of these hypotheticals? They don't address any of the concepts I am talking about. I don't know what I would do in that situation because I am not in that situation. People who have been in those situations or the potential to be in those situations will tell you there is what you say and what actually happens and very rarely are they the same thing. If you asked me 17 years ago when I was in the fire department would I ever carry welding tanks out of a fully involved house fire I would have told you no freaking way. Didn't stop me from actually doing it when It happened.

So his rights as an active shooter who you have VISIBLE EVIDENCE that he's killed at least 3 officers (at the time of the parking garage holdup) are more important than the rights of innocent men and women who being paid to not run away?

You understand he doesn't have regard for human life, right? I guess you're one of those "if we ban guns, nobody will die!" people.

Do you ever stop to consider why we have the laws that we do? Why is murder an illegal act? What are all the reasons? There are many cultures, some of them civilized, where murder is not illegal so it can't be that it is pure "evil". This is starting to get into an intellectual depth that I don't know your current logic can fathom. I am mildly amused that you completely miss why the shooters actions are illegal and immoral and yet completely nail it at the same time.

Edited by Geeto67

Well?

I have been a registered independent since the 1990's. I have voted both sides of the aisle. I vote advocacy of issues not individuals, my only requirement if any political candidate is that they be a good advocate and they fall on the side of the issues I am most concerned about in that election cycle.

If that doesn't answer your question then I'm sorry that my free thinking challenges your judgemental preconcieved notions and inability to stereotype me into some category you are comfortable with ( but that won't stop you anyway).

Yeah, you didn't answer my question. Clearly you aren't competent enough to say yes or no.

And voter right to privacy is clearly another constitutional right that escapes you.

When you guys spout off all this 'Merica crap, do you actually know what rights you have or is it all just an un-ironic version of the Colbert Report intro playing in a loop in your head?

So now you're making assumptions. Congratulations, I beat you at your own game.

Yes because the definition of winning is getting me to make corney jokes at your expense. Seems like a Pyrrhic victory though.

Had he laid his weapons down and surrendered to police he would have had rights to due process.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Is the back door blocked? Can I get myself and my family out safely? If the answer is the back door is blocked and I can't get my family out safely, I take the shot... then fire a few more times to make sure he's dead.