Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval Indy 500

zeitgeist57

I need new tires for the CTS-V (pissed I missed Joe's thread :)), and Tire Rack currently has a deal for

FIREHAWK WIDE OVAL INDY 500 - 245/45-18's for $82 a tire.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Firestone&tireModel=Firehawk+Wide+Oval+Indy+500&partnum=445WR8FHWI5XL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

That's a hell of a deal, and I won't be driving it in the heart of winter anyways. Anyone with experience on this tire? When I hear "Wide Oval Indy 500" I think of a '76 Firebird doing burnouts in a mall parking lot. :lol:

clay, did you read the description? they are an extreme summer tire. I can see you having problems in the fall with 40-50 degree temps.

Firestone G60 Wide Ovals were the hot setup for muscle cars from the 1960's to the 1980's. bias ply for the win. Good to know they are still using the name.

clay, did you read the description? they are an extreme summer tire. I can see you having problems in the fall with 40-50 degree temps.

I'm putting the V and Lincoln in storage this winter from December-April.

In for pics of the V on some bias ply white letter tires

I have OWL tires on my wife's Odyssey...I'd rock some cheap RWL tires no problem on my V and NGAF. :lol:

good tires.. i cant touch the price we sold all of ours these are a discontinued product. Their new model replacement is bad ass in comparison though.

Buy em we'll come install them. Best one tire is a preferred installer you can have the tires sent right to us. Carl per what we talked about I dont think these are what you're wanting for your honda.

good tires.. i cant touch the price we sold all of ours these are a discontinued product. Their new model replacement is bad ass in comparison though.

Buy em we'll come install them. Best one tire is a preferred installer you can have the tires sent right to us. Carl per what we talked about I dont think these are what you're wanting for your honda.

Do this, Derek's guys took great care of mine! Good to know you're an installer.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
Have them on the Sentra and they are excellent. Have driven in rain and shine and no problems to report, hold corners around our Round 'a Boots very well. Also have these on the Syclone and for as little as it gets driven they seem to be holding up pretty well. Haven't rotted off in the past 2 seasons ;)