Any shops/Sponsors that can be hired to Install stripes?

SpaceGhost

Looking to put stripes on the car looking for a deep metallic red like this. I'd love to use a sponsor. Also would like to know price please. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160813/1b82cf2dae66ff26816cd20334932a62.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A couple of thoughts:

1) If you are looking at "Kits", make sure they are car specific kits. There is an old story about the original GT350s having stripes that actually taper because when they went over the body panel it is the only way they looked straight. A stripe that is the same width front to rear will look like it is getting wider toward the front of the car when you look at the car head on. A quick look on google shows most modern mustang quality stripe kits taper as well.

2) your options are vinyl kit (which is eventually removable) or paint (which is permanent). Even if Kevin can't do vinyl, he can still paint a stripe for you. Then you get the exact matching color you want. Hell, you could probably even get heavy metal flake and candy colors. The cost is probably comparable so it comes down to whether you want to take them off at some point or not.

3) if you can find the right material, but the company you are looking doesn't offer that material - try calling or emailing directly. I worked with motorcycle decal guys for years and if I wanted custom color decals in a stock style they offered it was often something they could do, and fairly inexpensively. Sometimes these things can surprise you.

4) If you work start to finish with a place like Lizard Skinz (who I understand aren't a sponsor) start to finish, they may know whose kits are best, or even be able to get the measurements themselves and make up a custom color for you.

Personally I like the gray with red pinstripe. But that is because I don't like just two solid stripes (even though they are a heritage thing). I happen to like this style better:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/attachments/2011-2014-mustang-talk/322073d1393950364-stripe-color-combo-looks-better-2013-gt-blk-red-dual-pin-lrg.jpg

mostly because it looks more complex and not like a kid painted it in their garage with a rattle can. But I am biased because I like pinstripes.

• 4 weeks later...