Renter's insurance recommendations....

Bam

I haven't needed renters insurance in about 10 years so I don't what it 'should' run annually or what companies are better than others. I just found out someone I know doesn't have any and I think she needs it, so I'm doing a little research for her to hopefully persuade her to get some. TIA.

My last apartment complex actually REQUIRED all new residents to carry their own renters coverage. I added it to my current auto coverage for like 12$ a month or something. It had been something I wanted anyway after my sister's place was robbed in Dublin a few years ago.

The insurance agent said, "well how much coverage do you want?"

"how much do you have?"

"well the lowest one is $25k, do all of your belongings equal more than $25k?"

"HAHAHAH"

"25k it is..."

My last apartment complex actually REQUIRED all new residents to carry their own renters coverage. I added it to my current auto coverage for like 12$ a month or something. It had been something I wanted anyway after my sister's place was robbed in Dublin a few years ago.

The insurance agent said, "well how much coverage do you want?"

"how much do you have?"

"well the lowest one is $25k, do all of your belongings equal more than $25k?"

"HAHAHAH"

"25k it is..."

Just curious, what is the deductible on 25k? Probably more than what i own.

Moving into a place of my own here in about 3 weeks. Thanks for the thread OP.

Renters insurance also provides you coverage for anyone who may get hurt in your rental space. You can be sued if someone gets hurt and having coverage can help protect you. Also want to make sure there are no limits (or adjusted limits) on line items. Gun coverage usually has a small cap. As do tools, jewelry, electronics, art, and other things. Make sure you have the coverage you need so if something does happen, you're not just out on the street with nothing.

Renters insurance also provides you coverage for anyone who may get hurt in your rental space. You can be sued if someone gets hurt and having coverage can help protect you. Also want to make sure there are no limits (or adjusted limits) on line items. Gun coverage usually has a small cap. As do tools, jewelry, electronics, art, and other things. Make sure you have the coverage you need so if something does happen, you're not just out on the street with nothing.

You mean things people actually own? God insurance companies are such a rip.