370z nismo exhaust thoughts

BBQdDude

Use: spirited road driving

So I see to do it "right" for about $2500 however my thinking is why not keep the stock exhaust and replace the cats with HFC and replace the mufflers.

What I am being told for the "right" way is:

https://conceptzperformance.com/motordyne-shockwave-e370-catback-exhaust-system-nissan-370z-09-z34-md-009_p_391.php

these I have found for $1700

and then

https://www.z1motorsports.com/exhaust/motordyne/motordyne-advanced-resonance-tuning-art-test-pipes-p-7311.html

Thoughts?

Edited by BBQdDude

There are so many knock-offs on eBay that are so much cheaper, have similar specs and are all stainless. For the gains, it's not worth it to see you spend that much money for a name. Just my opinion.

I would either go with the stainless ebay knockoffs for less money, or, I would bite the bullet and go up in budget to around 3000-3500 and get something made of titanium/carbon fiber.

I probably spent too much for my titanium/cf exhaust, but I like it and that's all that matters. Just have to decide if it's worth it or not for you.

Ooof...I'd go with an eBay kit and do two J-pipes if the drone is too much.

I drove a friends' 300ZX ('90s) before I got my C4 Corvette years ago, and I couldn't believe how much noise the aftermarket exhaust system made on the highway. Seriously, loudest street vehicle I've ever driven, and I've got some noisy ones....

We put a decent eBay system on a 2014 370 a few months ago and it sounds great. Looks pretty decent too all "Stainless" and sexy hanging under there. Really depends a lot on how loud you want to go, those cars have a very distinct sound that gets considerably more noticeable as you up the decibels.