Are Lexus IS-F's really dogs?

Geeto67

Was on getting on 270 from Easton yesterday and and Guy in a blacked out late model IS-f tried to cut me off. I saw him mash the pedal and I did the same. I thought for sure he was going to walk my '06 325xi 6mt Beemer (215 rated hp!) but we stayed door to door from 30-70mph and actually I crept on him by centimeters till I ran out of room and he went right.

I thought the F was Lexus's sport model. Are those cars dog slow or did I just find the one boat anchor in an otherwise ok platform?

It was probably an IS F-sport, not an ISF, different motors.

You are probably right, I know nothing about Lexus cars. It had an IS badge and a square beneath it with an F. Whatever it was it was the common one not some expensive fancy super car.

Still, I can't think of a bigger slug than a 4000lb awd German car making 215hp. Dude should have at least walked away from me.

I honestly dont recall the times I ran, I think the slips are in the car though. IIRC it was mid to low 12's with no driver mod.

With the tune modded few ISF's are down to high 10 seconds. Now that a tune is out times are getting much faster.

It sounds like you raced a F-sport which is really nothing more than an appearance package