Re Chroming Exhaust Pipes

DavidBaustert

Looking to get my pipes on my bike re-chromed. Anyone know anything about this? Prep work needed? Will a company re-chrome used exhaust? Any recommendations on where to get this done?

I'd consider powder coat. A quick search will find the CR member who does a great job.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

No chrome shops in Columbus, that I know of. I believe there may be one in Chillicothe, it is very expensive, and if the chrome is pitted, even more expensive. I try to stay away from projects that need chrome work, as the last 60s car I did required $5000 in chrome work, and that was some small trim parts, and bumpers.

Most replating shops are out of state, and rechroming requires removing all of the existing plating, repairing all imperfections, and replating. I would only consider this if you cannot buy these parts brand new, or they are one off parts.

http://www.prismaticpowders.com/colors/USS-4482/Super-Chrome/

"Chrome" powder coat. I have seen this in person, and it's silvery, and shiny... But it is not chrome. I'm also not sure how well it would hold up the heat of the exhaust system... You're likely better off to just replace the pipes.

http://www.prismaticpowders.com/colors/USS-4482/Super-Chrome/

"Chrome" powder coat. I have seen this in person, and it's silvery, and shiny... But it is not chrome. I'm also not sure how well it would hold up the heat of the exhaust system... You're likely better off to just replace the pipes.

I know he does bike exhaust all the time. I'd pick out another cool color on there that compliments the bike, there are so many great choices on there.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk