DI gas engines - exhaust soot

zeitgeist57

I know enough about cars to be dangerous, but when I see some of these newer sedans with Direct-Injection gasoline engines with integrated exhaust outlets in the rear bumpers, I'm shocked at how much soot/exhaust is left on the bumper.

I'm sure that many of those cars are driven by "walkers" that never wash their highway cruiser, even after 30k+ miles, but are DI engines REALLY that much cleaner, if they need particulate filters, and special treatment of the intake manifold and valves to treat carbon buildup?

quit acting like you'd ever buy something that costs more than five wooden nickels and a hand job other than your caddy

I'm not saying I'd buy one: it's disappointing to see everyone buying that these are all great and efficient methods of transportation.

I'll drive my V for another 200k miles if I can. Aren't you selling your junk because you're disappointed in it? :gabe:

our DI car leaves suit deposits on the tail pipes with little to no driving. Drives me crazy.

IDK why though I just clean it and thankfully it cleans up rather easily as long as you don't let it sit long and get wet (that's what she said).

it also makes around 570hp currently so I"ll let it slide. Will let you know how obnoxious it gets when I take the cats off of it next year and really start to make some power.