Barn find VR-4 1997/2000

coltboostin

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the score. These are really neat cars, a kid at my local auto parts store in Queens used to have one nobody could touch. Looked completely bone stock from the outside too.

Is this one stick or auto? I think there were some that came automatic.

Awesome find!! Always wanted one of those. If memory serves me correctly only 3,009 of them made it state side, I haven't seen one on the road in several years now, can't be many of them left that are running.

Sounds right. I think 2000 in 91 and 1000 in 92

Congrats on the score. These are really neat cars, a kid at my local auto parts store in Queens used to have one nobody could touch. Looked completely bone stock from the outside too.

Is this one stick or auto? I think there were some that came automatic.

Yeah-stock block 500+whp would be neat. But, I don't need another project!!

If you saw and Auto, it must have been swapped. I think they were all 5 speed

Lucky man! Congrats on the car, that thing is cool as fuck.

I'm assuming it won't stay stock for long

I will not be the guy to mod this thing. If I keep it- it will stay shiny and very near stock to be honest.

Buddy of mine who used to live here in CS, TX used to have a green one. We've since gone our separate ways but I always dug that car and wondered what happened to it. You sure don't see one everyday. (I wonder what happened to him sometimes, too just not as much. haha)

Good luck and have fun w/your new car, man.

Makes me miss mine. 640/1k 94k miles summit white, Interior/exterior 9/10 zero frame rot. Just needed put together with a new engine harness. It went to a good home/owner in the Mansfield area.

So it's sold? You didn't buy it?

No I got it-after we talked he still towed it to his other house, and a month later called and said take it.

LOL to the above!

Update is meh. Was where the car is now (a buddie's shop) so I had some time to work on it. Shockingly the battery took a charge! Would not crank. Tested starter, starter OK. Ended up being a bad clutch switch.

SO now it cranks smooth. Oil looks GREAT. No start. No fuel. Gauge reads empty. Wen to add fuel, fuel comes out! Tear in hose. Called it a day!

The good news, paint seems nice! This was 10 minutes or work. Paint has a very heavy flake that looks great in person. Anyone know what this paint code is?

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af154/coltboostin/IMG_20161004_170019712_HDR.jpg

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af154/coltboostin/IMG_20161004_170036105_HDR.jpg

The "Old and New" Sleeper 4 doors

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af154/coltboostin/IMG_20161004_170007079_HDR.jpg

No start but hey, progress is progress.