Website outage

Casper

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I need some sleep. I've been at this since 7P. It's up and running, but expect problems tomorrow. We're seeing fairly high server loads which are very abnormal. I've tuned the shit out of these PHP scripts. Our sever loads should've gone DOWN with the new server, not up. I'm so tired I can't even think straight. So, I'm going to get a good couple of hours of sleep, and tackle it a bit more in the morning. If you find any problems, post up and let me know.

seems to be running fairly smooth for me so far other than getting some page load errors every now and then, but i'm sure there are probably a ton of things going on behind the scenes that we can't see that you can.

mucho respect for taking the time to keep the site up and running for the rest of us to enjoy man!

I noticed everything was moving very slowly about 10 minutes ago. Plus' date=' somebody smoked all my pot when I was digging through the pantry for those fucking, wife-hidden, Oreos. I can't find the cookies and now my weed is gone. I know somebody smoked it cause the whole house smells like I'm high as balls.

Oh, never mind. It was me who smoked it all up. [/quote']

You'd probably already eaten the "wife hidden Oreos" too lol.gif

seems to be running fairly smooth for me so far other than getting some page load errors every now and then, but i'm sure there are probably a ton of things going on behind the scenes that we can't see that you can.

mucho respect for taking the time to keep the site up and running for the rest of us to enjoy man!

Yeah, when you get a page load error that's me restarting MySQL or Apache.

I'm not getting notification emails of thread updates anymore. 6:50 PM last night was the last email I received.

Have you received any yet? What is the domain for your email (ie: @aol.com, @yahoo.com, etc)?

Little nitpicky things... umm

After you post, the interim screen "Thank you for posting..." yada yada yada redirect - before it goes back to the thread takes forever compared to the old one. I hardly saw the old one, almost like it skipped it and the thread was back on my screen. I dunno if those settings are adjustable?

And the nifty feature you added to automatically embed Youtube/Myspace vids is gone. I kinda of liked that. I didn't have to click to GO TO YOUTUBE, which was nice.

After you post, the interim screen "Thank you for posting..." yada yada yada redirect - before it goes back to the thread takes forever compared to the old one. I hardly saw the old one, almost like it skipped it and the thread was back on my screen. I dunno if those settings are adjustable?

agreed

And the nifty feature you added to automatically embed Youtube/Myspace vids is gone. I kinda of liked that. I didn't have to click to GO TO YOUTUBE, which was nice.

agreed

Not sure I know what you're talking about. There is no interim screen. When you post, it just goes to the post. I have those redirect pages turned off. Always have.