Website outage

Casper

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the next few days, you should notice an increase in speed. I've been benchmarking xcache and went ahead an implemented it. It seems to be pretty rock solid. It actually caches common php requests so they load faster. I'm already noticing a difference. I had APC installed, but it was fucking up with Zend.

Still having a mail problem. I've narrowed it down to vBulletin and sendmail. It is nothing to do with any of my custom stuff. Right now, I'm bypassing sendmail using Gmail's SMTP server. Until I get this resolved, I won't be able to send out any mass emails.

Every so often I get a 500-13 server too busy. never got that before.... not often enough to be a big deal, just puttin it out there.

Really???? I've load tested with 1000 hits and didn't get a single 500 error. That's really odd. I just checked the logs and the server isn't reporting any 500 errors. Have you got the error on multiple computers or just one? How often? Can you take a screenshot the next time you get it?

will do. im at work, just one computer. i can do a load test (if i can find the program around here) from where im at if i get bored tomorrow and you dont mind.

Don't do it during the day. AB beats the shit out of the server.

yeah, thats what i figured. oh well, not under my control and it only happens a few times a day, refresh and its gone. i mean theres only millions of requests going through these proxies every couple minutes. Columbus is one of the main DMZs for the DoD.