2000 Camaro

RS69

Looking at a 2000 Camaro base with a v6. Has a little over 100,000 miles and is in excellent shape. This would be a driver for the kids. The car has mods so it looks like a SS(t tops, wheels) and isn't driven in winters. It it my coworkers and friend, so fire away on any possible issues the car could have or develop.

I am considering it because the v6 seems to be good in terms for the kids and reliability. My dad has a Buick with the 3800 engine near 300,000 miles on it, that is why I may consider this.

Thanks,

Rick

Edited by RS69

The fbody 3.8 and W body 3.8 are different. Also only major down fall is no one wants a v6 fbody. Daily in the winter esp for a newer driver will not be fun either.

I didn't know that, so entirely different.

Define "kids"? Rear wheel drive may be an issue .

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

High school kids(senior and junior) and wife, if it is really bad weather wise, no it will not driven. Our 850 just died at 225,000 miles so I looking for a replacement.

I have 2003 civic for my daughter which I bought recently used and turned out to be a pain in the butt. Had to get the transmission rebuilt which wasn't expected. Only considering the Camaro because I know the history of it and my friend keeps his vehicles in great shape.

Edited by RS69

The fbody 3.8 and W body 3.8 are different. Also only major down fall is no one wants a v6 fbody. Daily in the winter esp for a newer driver will not be fun either.

No they arent. They do have a few small differences, but nothing that effects reliability, etc...just the upper intake is different as well as the oil filter placement..

They are great cars. I daily drove mine for a few years with no issues what so ever. The 3.8 is nearly invincible if properly maintained. Has a 4l60e trans and 10 bolt out back, but a stock 3.8 cant hurt them.

No they arent. They do have a few small differences, but nothing that effects reliability, etc...just the upper intake is different as well as the oil filter placement..

They are great cars. I daily drove mine for a few years with no issues what so ever. The 3.8 is nearly invincible if properly maintained. Has a 4l60e trans and 10 bolt out back, but a stock 3.8 cant hurt them.

I was hoping you would chime in.

Thanks

Call your insurance company, tell them you want to put a teenager into a F-body, listen to the number they tell you, then say "Lord Jesus NO!" and buy them a Camry.

I have already spoke to them, and it is cheaper than the Volvo. I don't know anyone selling a Camry for the price point I am wanting or I would. I am not wanting any Craigslist junk, just went through that recently on the Honda.