Suggestions on a used vehicle 5k max. Family friendly

Benner

So the lease is up on my Cruze in January and while it's been a great little car the problem is its little.

Got an 18 month old and another due in February. Need something I can put 2 car seats in and not have my knees in the dash. The wife has an Odyssey so I don't need another minivan even though I actually like the odyssey.

Looking for recommendations on either a decent sized somewhat sporty sedan, or SUV/larger extended cab/crew cab truck. I'm leaning toward early/mid 2000's tahoes/Suburban/Yukon. Seen several and know what to expect as far as needed maintenance and repairs.

Only stipulations are no Explorers/Expeditions or pt cruisers and stupid shit like that.

I don't mind a vehicle that needs a little work as I fully expect it and will do the repairs myself short of trans rebuilds at my work and heavy engine work. (Unable to take up a bay overnight for personal vehicles.

Any other stipulations about age, brands, mileage, country of 'origin', drive wheels?

My mind immediately went to something like a BMW 5 series. Just from a very quick Autotrader search it seems like it's possible. Or, anything along these lines; German, or maybe some Japanese or Domestic 'big' body cars. Audi A6, BMW 5 series, whatever Lexus makes (maybe not sporty enough), Pontiac G8 (maybe not at this price). Of course you are getting the V6 version of them, it seems like mid 2000s unless you are OK with an older higher spec car. I'm sure I'm missing something and I'm not suggesting any of these on reasons other than what popped into my head.

This is tough, I just went through this recently for a car for daughter and still open for replacement for our Volvo, so much stuff and with a lot of miles and many owners.

For my daughter, I bought a one owner 2002 civic with 120,000 miles for $3500. Overall, it seems ok, however a couple weeks later, I needed to get the 5 speed manual transmission rebuild. I was pretty ticked, cause Honda are pretty durable... Not really, so a rebuilt transmission and new clutch put me right at the $5k mark. The next week, the ac quit working and I am not going to mess with it now.

I will you luck. I noticed you work for a dealership, so I would hope you could get a better used deal than some of us than on the open market.

Any other stipulations about age, brands, mileage, country of 'origin', drive wheels?

My mind immediately went to something like a BMW 5 series. Just from a very quick Autotrader search it seems like it's possible. Or, anything along these lines; German, or maybe some Japanese or Domestic 'big' body cars. Audi A6, BMW 5 series, whatever Lexus makes (maybe not sporty enough), Pontiac G8 (maybe not at this price). Of course you are getting the V6 version of them, it seems like mid 2000s unless you are OK with an older higher spec car. I'm sure I'm missing something and I'm not suggesting any of these on reasons other than what popped into my head.

Not really any huge stipulations other than automatic for the wife if she needs to use it. Also don't want anything that'll set me back an arm and a leg for parts prices

Fits all the bills, not really "sporty" but affordable reliable as hell, more then enough space, and the ride oooooo ooo is comfy.

What about another gtp? Maybe the 04 and up style?

Yeah I've considered grand marquis lately. I kind d of like the style of some of them.

I wouldn't be opposed to another gtp however most of the ones I've seen lately have really bad structural rust problems underneath especially at the rear strut towers. However if I could find a clean mostly rust free gtp in my range I'd be interested

Yeah I've considered grand marquis lately. I kind d of like the style of some of them.

I wouldn't be opposed to another gtp however most of the ones I've seen lately have really bad structural rust problems underneath especially at the rear strut towers. However if I could find a clean mostly rust free gtp in my range I'd be interested

See if Vince ever sold this, was my car before his and would be just about the best GTP you can get your hands on these days.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113115&highlight=prix

There great cars, they dont look too bad, throw some wheels on it and its less grand pa ish haha.

Im in Lewis Center if you ever want to test drive one.

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y334/kbrowerpics/Mobile%20Uploads/20160919_190039_zpsyvcpefxh.jpg

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y334/kbrowerpics/Mobile%20Uploads/20160919_184726_zpssx97hkmf.jpg

Waiting for Steve-O to post some car he's selling.

I wish he doesn't want a mustang or a standard cab 2500 so I got nothing

However given the broad range of what your open to I will say a older ;runner if you want a suv or I would look at a Grand Prix or Impala for a car

I wish he doesn't want a mustang or a standard cab 2500 so I got nothing

However given the broad range of what your open to I will say a older ;runner if you want a suv or I would look at a Grand Prix or Impala for a car

Older 4runner is a great idea, I'll sell you a rust free 97 for $2500........ You just have to put the top end of the motor back together [emoji16]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

IS300 "Sportcross" would fit the bill quite nicely.

Is300's are not car seat friendly. They are very cramped inside.

^this. No chance of comfort with a rear facing seat, Front facing doesn't give you much more.

Speaking of Grand Marquis, Maybe Nick (FijiST) can help out with this one 2007 Mercury Grand Marquis

There great cars, they dont look too bad, throw some wheels on it and its less grand pa ish haha.

Im in Lewis Center if you ever want to test drive one.

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y334/kbrowerpics/Mobile%20Uploads/20160919_190039_zpsyvcpefxh.jpg

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y334/kbrowerpics/Mobile%20Uploads/20160919_184726_zpssx97hkmf.jpg

We have a customer at work who has a very clean grand marquis that's been sitting here for 4 months that he's pretty much just letting it sit. 103,000 on it and nothing wrong with it. He just doesn't drive it. I'm tempted to offer him 4k for it

05+ XTerra might be had at that cost. Also at that cost it likely wont be too huge a POS like a value-holding Toyota, ect. Downside is it is the time of year that would fetch a premium.

They have a ton of carseat room since the rear seats are sort of 'staduim'-like. Only downside is if the wife cant really heave the seat up into the base. We had a 1st gen 2003 and that was our problem, but my wife is teeny tiny.