World Series!

BStowers023

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Indians were my team as a kid, until the Devil Rays were born in '98 and they became my favorite. I've still followed the Indians over the years and I'm glad to see them doing so well this year. So many good memories (other than the 11th inning of Game 7, back in '97). Jim Thome was my favorite player back then.

Playoff baseball is awesome. GO TRIBE

http://www.logodesignlove.com/images/sports/chief-wahoo-logo-02.jpg

Born and raised Clevelander. Down with the Browns for decades. True to Cleveland.

Then the Cavs win, and now the Indians will win and everyone thinks we are follower-fans.

Cute.

Born in Akron myself and have lived through enough shit via Cleveland sports. Great start to the series for sure.

Not a huge baseball fan, but I've always loosely followed the Indians. I remember the 1995 and 1997 World Series, my Grandma lived in Miami in 1997 and talked shit (LOL). Fun game to watch last night.

It's funny how much baseball I played as a kid and now I hate the sport...it's nice to see the Cubbies finally get a Series, but it would also be cool if a "local" team won; or had a trifecta of championships NBA/MLB/NFL..but dem Browns, hahahaha.

There are so many people who I didn't realize were baseball fans until this past couple weeks. I usually say "shame about 1997" and all I get are blank stares.

I actually said it's funny that Manny Ramirez seems to keep popping up in Indians postseason situations and a self-described life long fan actually said "What the hell does Manny Ramirez have to do with the Indians?"

Fuck all the fair weather fans.

EDIT: Oh and FWIW I don't give a shit about baseball unless someone is beating the Yankees. Usually I find myself aligned with BoSox in that regard, but I'll root for anyone that fucks with the Yanks.

I am a mets fan so I usually don't give two craps about the world series, but I am genuinely excited for this one because of these teams and the history it is going to make no matter who wins. The only thing I am rooting for is that it is a close series and we get 7 games out of it.

(also I am kinda pulling for the cubbies because they are such loveable losers and apparently as a mets fan I like that sort of team).

I am a mets fan so I usually don't give two craps about the world series, but I am genuinely excited for this one because of these teams and the history it is going to make no matter who wins. The only thing I am rooting for is that it is a close series and we get 7 games out of it.

(also I am kinda pulling for the cubbies because they are such loveable losers and apparently as a mets fan I like that sort of team).

I am happy with either team winning since I lived through the best recent BoSox years (Lived in Boston from 05-09) and really respect both Tito and Theo for what they've done with each of their teams.

Damn, 2 sucky teams in the World Series. What do you consider the other teams that didn't make it :confused:

Please don't feed the troll in here. Ignore the dancing queen in here, so we can enjoy the joy that is the fall classic and watch Cleveland get another championship.