World Series!

BStowers023

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7-2 heading into the 8th...odds arent in their favor but i've seen some crazy thing happen in sports before. Game 7 ratings will be through the roof, much like ticket prices. $1500 for standing room currently on stubhub

Went to bed after that 2 run HR in the top of the 9th. fart noises.

Trolls, trolls everywhere.

Suddenly there are millions of closet cubs fans coming out of the woodwork. Nowhere to be seen a few nights ago.

I get annoyed as fuck with people saying this...it's the world series- I don't have a horse in the race, but I've picked Cleveland and have become a fan FOR THIS SERIES/YEAR. It doesn't mean I'm going to go out and buy a bunch of Cleveland shit, but since the Reds are thumbing their assholes at home, I'll pick a team and root for them. Big deal.

I get annoyed as fuck with people saying this...it's the world series- I don't have a horse in the race, but I've picked Cleveland and have become a fan FOR THIS SERIES/YEAR. It doesn't mean I'm going to go out and buy a bunch of Cleveland shit, but since the Reds are thumbing their assholes at home, I'll pick a team and root for them. Big deal.

They're like Michigan fans. The only reason they root for the other team is because they want to be "different" and have a reason to be confrontational with people.

My cubbies played a hell of a game last night. Hopeful we can pull another one out and celebrate becoming World Series champions!!!!

Says the life long white sox fan.....nice try troll. Go back to the dance studio and let the adults in here talk about baseball. Thanks.

Kinda had a bad feeling about last nights game. The thing with Tomlin is that if he has rest he could be most teams ACE but on short rest he really shouldn't be pitching past AA baseball. He was throwing hanging curve balls waist high right down the middle at 75mph with little movement. I mean what do you expect to happen?

Kluber has been lights out in the playoffs but this will be the 3rd time the Cubs have faced him this series which should work to their advantage. The good thing is that we have all of our horses in the bullpen fully rested and ready to go. Since this is the last game of the season, I could see Kluber being pulled as soon as he gets in some trouble past the 4th inning even if he's dealing. Look for Miller and Allen to go 2+ innings each tonight. I see tonights game being a low scoring game that could go either way. The key for the Indians is to get out of the first few innings without trouble. The Cubs are young and play off of momentum but also get down on themselves pretty quick if things aren't going their way. If we can lead going into the 5th even if it's only 1 run, I really like our chances. If their bats get going early, it's going to be tough for us.

The thing with last nights game is the error in the outfield changed that game completely. The homer by Bryant wouldn't have hurt as bad, had they not scored 2 more runs due to the error. It would've been 1-0 after the first. I think the pressure would've been off of Tomlin at that point and the grand slam never takes place.

Game 7 is going to be insane. I think we'll all know very early on if Kluber is on or not. The Indians have got to score early in order to win. I don't think they have the fire power to come back from anything bigger than a 3 run defecit.

Indians weren't even supposed to be here. The fact they won 3 games in the World Series is incredible. The fact is, it's nearly impossible (possibly impossible) to win the World Series with 2/3 best starters out for the playoffs. I'm still proud of this team and hopeful for the coming years.