Westworld

2highpsi

Yup. Good stuff. Loved the original movie.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I know they changed a lot for the show, but just the fact that someone was able to conceptualize this kind of story in the 70s blows my mind.

IIRC the original was one of the first reference to a "computer virus" ever.

I started it too early, binged on the first 8 episodes then had to wait. Now I'm rewatching 8 and will finish it up tonight.

Great show.

I generally wait for seasons to finish before binge watching anymore.

So Westworld is finished now/ Queuing it up....

It's awesome, I'm sure I missed stuff so I will rewatch. I quit TWD, that show sucks now. Westworld was a great replacement.

The wife and I found Westworld very intriguing and we enjoyed it.

And yeah, there is a reason TWD viewership is at a 4yr low. Because it fkn sucks. I don't think I have ever seen a show drug out so much where each individual storyline is drawn out over an hour and a half of seat time, which translates into 20min of actual show time and 1hr 10min of commercials.

Fk that show. I wish Aliens would show up and nuke them all.

I know they changed a lot for the show, but just the fact that someone was able to conceptualize this kind of story in the 70s blows my mind.

IIRC the original was one of the first reference to a "computer virus" ever.

Not Just anybody, but Michael Crichton, as in Jurassic Park Michael Crichton. He Also wrote "The Terminal Man" at the same time (a novel about the dangers of artificial intelligence being used as a form of mind control - it's weird).

Actually if you are really interested, some of the best science fiction comes out of the 1930's-1970's. Some of the pulp writers of the 40's and 50's are way out there (Heinlein wrote "Starship Troopers" in 1959 and it is very different from the movie). Also a lot of the twilight zone concepts are pretty great and there are more than a few episodes that mix the western genre with technology, and also a few about androids.

Love the new one, but my friend moved and I no longer have her HBO Go login to access. Will have to figure out how to bootleg.

I love it. But, I find it very similar to GOT in the fact that I have trouble understanding it all. The ~3 different timeline thing had me tripping for most of the season. I find myself having to read up on each episode to understand what my dumb self missed. All the acting is very very well done imo. The cool thing that I think keeps people hooked is there are lots of big answers to lots of big questions but just as many new questions arising. It doesn't drag out like some other shows.

These violent delights have violent ends...

Fuckin great show. I'm a huge sci-fi nerd and it's great to see a "fresh" (although historically rooted) take on artificial intelligence. I think the writers did a fantastic job not falling into the trap of trying to answer stupid philosophical questions that thousands before them have tackled with varying degrees of success. Rather, it says "assume sentience is possible...then what?"

Fantastic premise, great execution, and an all-time great cast.

Anyone else on here watching Westworld?

I still have to watch the season finale, but so far it's been awesome.

you shut your whore mouth Jordan

...or at least til I get caught up I'm on ep 3. It is certainly interesting and worth checking out for others.