Shift Solenoid in a 4t65E?

Buck531

Does anyone have any recommendations to replace the 1-2 shift solenoid on my Fiero with the 4T65? The cradle can be dropped easily and access the side cover but I honestly don't want to do it. I know it's a $30 solenoid.

Any shops that won't bend me over? It can be driven but not that far since I only have 2nd and 3rd gear.

It's already been diagnosed, wires checked. Been there, done that. Just want the solenoid replaced. Even with manually selecting 1st gear with a snap-on scanner it won't see 1st gear. You can hear the solenoid click but it doesn't sound as loud as the 2-3 solenoid thinking the 1-2 might just be bad. (not engaging it enough)

I know if I call a "shop" they would charge more than what the car is actually worth. I guess I'm trying to find someone to either come to my place (it's heated) to swap it or help or something.

Kinda sucks knowing I did all the work to get this done, it's been done since September but I can't drive it for a $30 solenoid.