Da fug?? R63 AMG

Forrest Gump 9

I've always fantasied about owning an R63 AMG. Over the last three years I may have seen less than five of them pop up on the market. Most are in the mid $30k until this year. Probably two months ago one popped up on BAT, with 80k miles and he auction ended at $51k. And today

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152380591381?redirect=mobile

I guess my dream of owning a super minivan is out of the windows

well...supposedly there are only 84 of them.

Let's see 507hp v8 stuffed into a heavy, bloated, ill handling chassis....who did MB think they were? dodge? Ok....I'll see myself out.

Kidding aside though, they are interesting cars. Probably a lot of fun to drive despite the weight and the length. I have to wonder what happens to these cars when they get to high mileage. MB doesn't consider the AMG engine rebuild-able outside their facility so....what happens when it's 196K miles on the clock and low compression in the cylinders 20 years down the road?

I've always fantasied about owning an R63 AMG. Over the last three years I may have seen less than five of them pop up on the market. Most are in the mid $30k until this year. Probably two months ago one popped up on BAT, with 80k miles and he auction ended at $51k. And today

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152380591381?redirect=mobile

I guess my dream of owning a super minivan is out of the windows

I know they've got some good weed out there, but goddamn.....

well...supposedly there are only 84 of them.

Let's see 507hp v8 stuffed into a heavy, bloated, ill handling chassis....who did MB think they were? dodge? Ok....I'll see myself out.

Kidding aside though, they are interesting cars. Probably a lot of fun to drive despite the weight and the length. I have to wonder what happens to these cars when they get to high mileage. MB doesn't consider the AMG engine rebuild-able outside their facility so....what happens when it's 196K miles on the clock and low compression in the cylinders 20 years down the road?

It's all nuts and bolts like any other engine. 2003 E55 is the most undesirables year, but there is one with more than 400k miles on the original engine and transmission. Matter of fact, the alternator was the only "major part" replace.