Looking for an accident injury lawer

Buck531

I'm sure someone out in CR land knows someone or has some recommendations for an accident/injury lawer (Better Call Saul?).

Some dude pulled out in front of my son Saturday night and my son hit him. Pretty much totaled the brotege.

The kid who pulled out was at fault and was cited (after he ran and they found him).

The kids insurance company talked to my son and asked if he had a lawyer (which he doesn't). He got checked at Urgent care and has some minor injuries but has to be off work until Saturday.

I don't want him getting screwed by the insurance company. I already told him not to accept anything yet.

So with that said, anyone know of an injury lawyer and/or can give some advice?

edit - inb4crtrolls...

He didn't try to run.. he did run. He just got a ticket for failure to yield. CPD found him about 15-20 minutes later at Hobby Lobby. Apparently he hit another car too. 16 year old kid who just got his license.

By the way, isn't there a law about how many people you can have in your car if you're under 18?

He didn't try to run.. he did run. He just got a ticket for failure to yield. CPD found him about 15-20 minutes later at Hobby Lobby. Apparently he hit another car too. 16 year old kid who just got his license.

By the way, isn't there a law about how many people you can have in your car if you're under 18?

Pussy cop. Should have thrown in glass in jail. What a joke

I'm sure someone out in CR land knows someone or has some recommendations for an accident/injury lawer (Better Call Saul?).

Some dude pulled out in front of my son Saturday night and my son hit him. Pretty much totaled the brotege.

The kid who pulled out was at fault and was cited (after he ran and they found him).

The kids insurance company talked to my son and asked if he had a lawyer (which he doesn't). He got checked at Urgent care and has some minor injuries but has to be off work until Saturday.

I don't want him getting screwed by the insurance company. I already told him not to accept anything yet.

So with that said, anyone know of an injury lawyer and/or can give some advice?

edit - inb4crtrolls...

Tell him to keep going back to the doctor/chiro. I had a guy rear end me in May at probably 40mph while I was dead stopped. Insurance company fought me because I "only" had 1 ER visit and took a day off work (a Friday, then rested on the weekend). I ended up getting $750. If they're going to pay his medical bills, lost wages, he probably won't get more than $1000 in his pocket, and at that point, it's not worth it to get an attorney. save those for when you have accidents that will give you years to life long injury.

Yeah, DO NOT accept/sign anything on the personal injury side.

On the car side, I can try to help out with the total loss value on the vehicle. For which they most likely will try to screw him. I'd advise you to PM me after they officially declare it a total loss and give him what they deem as the value. He should NOT argue with them at that point. Just shoot me a PM.

Or course I'm not a lawyer, but I'll add my $.02 Make sure he does what the doctors prescribe. I sat on a jury a while back. Dude was in an accident, went to the ER, ignored doctors recommendations, went back to the ER a few days later for more pain meds, continued ignoring doctors recommendations and started going to a chiropractor. Was suing for everything. I thought the injuries were bullshit, and the chiropractors testimony was laughable. We awarded him the cost of the first ER visit because it's a good idea to get checked out. Once he stopped following the doctors instructions we figured he was on his own.

If it's truly a minor injury, you may not necessarily get more money going through a lawyer (remember they have to get paid too). I would say do some research online, determine what you think the value of his pain/suffering is, add in any lost wages and his medical bills and come up with a number. See what the insurance company offers, never take the first offer and try some negotiating with them. Insurance companies are ultimately in it to get a signature on a release and they will pay for it if you're reasonable. If they don't come back with a number you feel is reasonable then you can go the attorney route, but I see so many people automatically get an attorney and end up getting less of a payout after attorney fees than they would've gotten by doing some research and negotiation themselves.

Also, you can use the fact that he hit/ran to bump the settlement up a little bit, along with the fact that your son is younger and I'm assuming generally active. If the injury caused him to not be able to do things he would normally do (sports, work, go out with friends, etc) that can also bump the value versus someone who is middle aged and just sits on the couch after work for 6 hours.

We are dealing with the person Marc recommended. Colin Beach. Nice guy. Knows his stuff. He's pretty sore and we went to the place Colin recommended for the medial stuff. His knees are swollen and back/neck is pretty sore. He can't work until February 5th and is on light duty for like 8 weeks. He's a tech at Sears Auto so that limits a lot of what he can do. Maybe oil changes and service writer stuff.

The kids insurance came out yesterday to look at the car. Yep. it's totaled. Should know today how much the brotege is.

He's kinda screwed now because insurance won't give him a rental car. Apparently the insurance company is telling my son it looks like it's both of their faults. Not sure how that can happen because on the police report it states that the kid pulled out in front of him and was cited for it. Right now we're waiting on the arraignment to happen in Delaware.

We are dealing with the person Marc recommended. Colin Beach. Nice guy. Knows his stuff. He's pretty sore and we went to the place Colin recommended for the medial stuff. His knees are swollen and back/neck is pretty sore. He can't work until February 5th and is on light duty for like 8 weeks. He's a tech at Sears Auto so that limits a lot of what he can do. Maybe oil changes and service writer stuff.

The kids insurance came out yesterday to look at the car. Yep. it's totaled. Should know today how much the brotege is.

He's kinda screwed now because insurance won't give him a rental car. Apparently the insurance company is telling my son it looks like it's both of their faults. Not sure how that can happen because on the police report it states that the kid pulled out in front of him and was cited for it. Right now we're waiting on the arraignment to happen in Delaware.

I'd tell that kid's Ins to EAD and read the police report and see who was cited.

I'd tell that kid's Ins to EAD and read the police report and see who was cited.

Yep. Pretty much what I'm telling my son to say. They called a few times asking basically the same thing. I know everything is recorded. I'm assuming they want him to slip up somewhere.

Yep. Pretty much what I'm telling my son to say. They called a few times asking basically the same thing. I know everything is recorded. I'm assuming they want him to slip up somewhere.

A lot of insurance companies now are looking into liability closer than before. For example, someone pulls out in front of you but you say you did nothing to avoid the accident (assuming you had time to react), then they may place 20% fault on you for failure to take evasive action. Could have been something as simple as your son telling the insurance company he didn't see the other car before the accident. If the police report is in his favor then I would just refer them to the report.

A lot of insurance companies now are looking into liability closer than before. For example' date=' someone pulls out in front of you but you say you did nothing to avoid the accident (assuming you had time to react), then they may place 20% fault on you for failure to take evasive action. Could have been something as simple as your son telling the insurance company he didn't see the other car before the accident. If the police report is in his favor then I would just refer them to the report.[/quote']

Can they legally even try to still put a percentage of blame back on the person who was NOT at fault and who was NOT cited?