TWC/Spectrum about to upgrade speeds in cbus?

unfunnyryan

Last night my parents TWC went down and had an IP change (I have a server in their basement, so I always know when it goes down)

IP changed to an IP range I've never seen before from TWC. I'm wondering if this is part of a network upgrade that is long overdue from them, and if increased speeds are on the way.

Unfortunately they only have a modem that bonds on 8 channels, so I can't see more than that. If anyone has a SB6190 or other modem that'll bond on 32 downstream channels, I'd love to see how many you're getting.

For those curious the IP went from 71.151.x.x to a 24.92.x.x network.

Last night my parents TWC went down and had an IP change (I have a server in their basement, so I always know when it goes down)

IP changed to an IP range I've never seen before from TWC. I'm wondering if this is part of a network upgrade that is long overdue from them, and if increased speeds are on the way.

Unfortunately they only have a modem that bonds on 8 channels, so I can't see more than that. If anyone has a SB6190 or other modem that'll bond on 32 downstream channels, I'd love to see how many you're getting.

For those curious the IP went from 71.151.x.x to a 24.92.x.x network.

24. space is old for TWC. We used it a bunch when I worked there. 24.92 was allocated to TWC in 2000..... Been a long time

24/8 was set aside by ARIN for Cable Operators, back in the 90's.

24. space is old for TWC. We used it a bunch when I worked there. 24.92 was allocated to TWC in 2000..... Been a long time

24/8 was set aside by ARIN for Cable Operators, back in the 90's.

TIL. I've asked a few of my friends in cbus and they've all been moved to 24.92 as well last night. Any guesses why?

TIL. I've asked a few of my friends in cbus and they've all been moved to 24.92 as well last night. Any guesses why?

No. I am not sure how Charter manages their DHCP scopes. When I was in the RDC we just assigned space as needed to different DHCP Servers. If no upgrades were in an area you would see the same space used for years.

They may have chose 24.92 for a reason, or maybe recycled it from an older pool/cmts.....who knows except for them, and tbh it doesn't really matter.

Ill check when i get home in Delaware. I have TWC 30/5 and 90% of the time I'm getting closer to 50/7. Appears my old IP was a 71.67 address. Ill have to double check when i get home to see if its the same.

i got something in the mail the other day from spectrum that did not appear to be an advertisement. Ill read it tonight to see if its important. Received this on the 17th of Jan:

http://i.imgur.com/hFqojkr.png

Also, http://WWW.ColumbusHighSpeedRacing.com

My spectrum 60/5 seems to test around 72/7 most days.

It actually did go down Saturday night for an hour or two. Not exactly sure how long it was out as I was outside, but I will look tonight to see if my IP changed when it came back.

They are also updating their pricing and charging more, mine went up $25/mo. because they no longer offer the TW 30MB internet. Looks like I'm switching providers.

Mine went up and i called them and they said i can switch to spectrum and pay 44 for 60Mbps as a new customer

My installer a few months ago said that 50mb customers will be getting 300mb soon.

I was guaranteed by someone on the phone we'd have it by the end of 2016, but you know how that goes them being sales people after all.

Just ran speedtest at my parents with speedtest-cli

Selecting best server based on latency...

Hosted by Time Warner Cable (Columbus, OH) [17.30 km]: 16.426 ms

Testing download speed........................................

Download: 70.08 Mbit/s

Testing upload speed..................................................

Upload: 5.94 Mbit/s

My TWC internet bill for 15Mbps went up from $53.xx to $64.xx. I called to see what was up/possibly bitch. The guy got back on the phone and said, how about 60Mbps for $50.xx/month? Sold! Didn't have to bitch even a little bit.

speedtest.net shows me in the low 70s.

My TWC internet bill for 15Mbps went up from $53.xx to $64.xx. I called to see what was up/possibly bitch. The guy got back on the phone and said, how about 60Mbps for $50.xx/month? Sold! Didn't have to bitch even a little bit.

speedtest.net shows me in the low 70s.

Could have gotten less with spectrum. The advert i got in the mail a few weeks ago was advertising 29.99 for 60mb.

Could have gotten less with spectrum. The advert i got in the mail a few weeks ago was advertising 29.99 for 60mb.

$29.99 pricing is only an option if you bundle with phone/cable tv.

As an independent service, 60/5 costs $44.99/month

My wife tried calling Spectrum on our account, as we have the 30mb interest and some basic cable that TWC packaged because it saved $5. They told her that the $45 is for new customers only, that we dont get it anyway because of basic cable, and that there was nothing they could do.

$29.99 pricing is only an option if you bundle with phone/cable tv.

As an independent service, 60/5 costs $44.99/month

I'm on their chat (spectrum) right now and they're telling me 60-10 for $65

nevermind....that's new customer rates I'm guessing

Not sure guys. We had an existing TWC account (30/5 internet only), and I called one night about 9:30 to inquire about upgrading with Spectrum to the 60 plan, still internet only. Maybe whoever I talked to was drunk but they gave that price no problem, and no new customer or not discussion.

Modem went down once while I was on the call with their rep, came back up and tested at 72/7.

Good Luck!

Edit: I do have my own modem

Edited by spankis

I just called myself and they told me to drop to 15/1 and buy my own modem

Edit: spoke with someone else. The Spectrum deals and services arent available in all areas yet.

I have time warner turbo it is 20Mbps for $70. I own my own modem and I don't have anything else. Used the live chat today and they told me I could get 60Mbps for $64.99. Thank you for this thread. I have faster internet for less.