Lets talk about the new unlimited data phone plans

87GT

I'm still on my parents plan (LOL) and we pay $178 a month for 3 phones, 6 GB of data. Meeting them at Verizon tonight to switch over. Even if it's the same price, we'll get unlimited data. They use zero data at all, so I get all 6GB and I've went over the last few months which brings our bill to $194.

I'm also due up for a new phone.

Damn, annoying as hell. Went to Verizon last night and got an Iphone 7+ and wanted to switch to unlimited data. Like I said, my parents use zero data and it ended up being like $45 more a month to go to unlimited ($222 a month for 3 fucking people).

Long story short, I just upgraded to 8GB over 6GB for an extra $13 a month.

Damn, annoying as hell. Went to Verizon last night and got an Iphone 7+ and wanted to switch to unlimited data. Like I said, my parents use zero data and it ended up being like $45 more a month to go to unlimited ($222 a month for 3 fucking people).

Long story short, I just upgraded to 8GB over 6GB for an extra $13 a month.

Unless your including phone costs and insurance your getting hosed because the xl plan is 16gigs and way cheaper than what your all paying

Unless your including phone costs and insurance your getting hosed because the xl plan is 16gigs and way cheaper than what your all paying

It now goes from 8GB right to unlimited.

That does include $36 a month for my new phone. My portion went from $40 to $15 because I signed a contract, then +$36 for the phone so really it went from $40 to $51 (up $11).

It now goes from 8GB right to unlimited.

That does include $36 a month for my new phone. My portion went from $40 to $15 because I signed a contract, then +$36 for the phone so really it went from $40 to $51 (up $11).

Dang I must have changed my plan the last possible day then

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/02/20/which-unlimited-data-plan-sucks-the-least/

Who sucks the least?

Surprisingly, it's Verizon. That's right, the carrier that whined the most frequently and loudly is offering the best unlimited data plan in the country. T-Mobile has them beat for pure price, but the added confusion of not one but two extra tiers for the "ONE" plan, not to mention poorer reception outside of cities, makes Verizon a better choice for new customers. That said, T-Mobile is still the one to go with if you'd like to save a little money. True, it's more expensive than Sprint's non-promo price, but better coverage, phone selection, and tethering terms make it more attractive in the long run.

I've said on here for years that T-Mobile is the best IMO...you'd swear I was a shareholder :dumb:. Well, I guess I do have 1 share thanks to T-Mobile Tuesdays, where they give you free shit every Tuesday. Stock, pizza, ride sharing, movies, shirts...small shit but it's pretty nice.

With the newest plan from Verizon, they seem legit. But as always, and as the article says...Verizon is better for people who live in BFE.

One thing that's absolutely crucial to me is that T-Mo gives me FREE texting and data when overseas. I always LOL at the people who travel with me that have Verizon. They're always stuck with no way to communicate, or paying out the ass to do so. Free GoGo inflight Wifi for an hour or two is also nice.

AT&T if I'm not mistaking is the only one that will honor your employer discount on Unlimited plans and doesn't require Auto-Pay.

Their 100$ unlimited ends up being $82 with taxes after employer discount. I only have one line.

AT&T if I'm not mistaking is the only one that will honor your employer discount on Unlimited plans and doesn't require Auto-Pay.

Their 100$ unlimited ends up being $82 with taxes after employer discount. I only have one line.

Yep we still get to use our corporate discount with the new plan.

I caved and upgraded our plan to both lines unlimited, and stepped out of my grandfathered unlimited data for my line. Im sure this will bite me in the ass somwhow at some point, but its not fair for Nathan to constantly be looking for wifi.

One thing that's absolutely crucial to me is that T-Mo gives me FREE texting and data when overseas. I always LOL at the people who travel with me that have Verizon. They're always stuck with no way to communicate, or paying out the ass to do so. Free GoGo inflight Wifi for an hour or two is also nice.

This happened to my brother and his wife when they were with us in Cozumel back in December. My plan (less than $80 a month after my work discount, two lines) covers Canada and Mexico, data and text. In fact, I had LTE while I was off my resort in Cozumel. My brother and his wife are on Verizon and they didn't use their phones off the resort (so off of resort WiFi) so they wouldn't get charged.

Well, the details of the Verizon unlimited plans have reared their ugly head.

Our unlimited plan kicked in a few days ago, so we started streaming a series on amazon prime (still on low quality, not HD). Looked at my data consumption and it was at 3.5GB. Even though its unlimited you can still check how much you've used. Most of that data was streaming, without a doubt.

So Verizon is advertising unlimited Streaming in HD! Which would mean the data does not count towards your data consumption.

Wrong, the only unmetered data is if you watch stuff on their garbage go90 app which does nothing for me. I need it on my TV through my verizon home router.

So you can hit your cap pretty quick and then be at the whim of their throttling. Which VZW continued to try to correct me that its not throttling its 'priority access' BS, its throttling.

Just an FYI for folks.

EDIT:

Previously I was told that the free streaming was only if the video was done through 'the app'. For example if watching netflix, on a web browser it would count as browsing. But if going through an APP then it would recognize it as video streaming and not count the data. BTW this was from a VZW customer service rep.