Shop Recommendation: Modified 92 Camaro TPI

indy82z

Hello all..

I sat on this car all winter thinking I was going to have time to get to it and now we are here with spring around the corner and I have not had a chance to touch it. What I have is a 92 Camaro with a modified 350 TPI engine. The car sounds fantastic but is way down on power. I assume its nothing major as it sounds great and starts right up. I reached out to several shops about tuning and everyone says its too old and they cant help. I bought the stuff to do it myself, but have not had any time and probably wont anytime soon. Anyone able to recommend a shop that can give the car a good once over and make sure all is good and figure out what is up with the low power? Really looking for some referrals.

Thanks

Tom

did you datalog at all yet? at full throttle if you still have stock 02, it should read .890-.920 ish, also see if it has knock counts and pulling timing at wot .

if headers make sure you put heated 02 sensor in it.

I can try and help but I never find time for my car anymore let alone someone else's. maybe you can bring it by my work sometime in etna area and I can at least hear it and maybe see something obvious.pm your number and we can meet up sometime.

what does the motor feel like? even a 350 tpi with heads intake runners and cam will be done making power way before 5600 rpm unless you ported them to death, car should have tons of torque and leave great and fall on its face before the 1/8 mile.

Returned your PM bdoz.

The car sounds great and does not smoke. The motor was supposed to be redone about 10K miles ago, but I have my suspicion that is not true. The car was built a number of years ago with ZZ4 cam and heads, headers, SLP runners and ported plenum and intake. Transmission had work done and I was told it got 3.70 gears. Being a B4C 1LE car, it is pretty rare, so want to keep it stock looking or I would throw a Stealth Ram in it and call it a day.

Anyone have good recommendations on a shop?

Thanks

Tom

If you are looking for a shop to give it a once over you can certainly reach out to me, Lucore Automotive has a bit of experience in this realm ;) "Rebuilt" engine has sooooo many possible outs its not even funny. One persons "rebuild" is another persons "headgaskets plugs and wires" :(

We are in NW Columbus near Dublin if you are interested please feel free to shoot me a PM.