HVAC recommendations?

Bam

Gonna ask two stupid questions here, bear with me.

Have you changed your filter recently?

Is there a flame inside your furnace?

No stupid questions, appreciate the help.

Furnace filter is from September so needs replaced.

There is no flame at this time. I turned the breaker off and pushed 3 buttons a YouTube video said to do and turned the breaker back on. Pilot light came on and the jets or whatever lit 3 or 4 times for about 5 seconds then the pilot light went out again. From reading online it seems I may need to replace the flame sensor? Again based off something google found.

Here's the link....https://arnoldservice.com/problem-your-furnace-main-burner-ignites-the-main-burner-stays-on-for-8-to-10-seconds-then-shuts-right-back-off/

I haven't found the sensor yet in the furnace but trying to now.

Ok. Update: I found the flame sensor and removed it and cleaned it with steel wool as the link said to try first and the furnace fired back up and hasn't stopped yet. Only been about 5 minutes but hoping I dodged a bullet on this one.

Now anyone want to trouble shoot my garage door opener? The light just flashes when I hit the button....

This has been a rough couple weeks as a home owner. Dryer died, Main pc died, garage door opener isn't working right and now these furnace issues. FML

No stupid questions, appreciate the help.

Furnace filter is from September so needs replaced.

There is no flame at this time. I turned the breaker off and pushed 3 buttons a YouTube video said to do and turned the breaker back on. Pilot light came on and the jets or whatever lit 3 or 4 times for about 5 seconds then the pilot light went out again. From reading online it seems I may need to replace the flame sensor? Again based off something google found.

Here's the link....https://arnoldservice.com/problem-your-furnace-main-burner-ignites-the-main-burner-stays-on-for-8-to-10-seconds-then-shuts-right-back-off/

I haven't found the sensor yet in the furnace but trying to now.

Sensor is by one of burners. Simple fix. $10 part . What brand of unit?

Sensor is by one of burners. Simple fix. $10 part . What brand of unit?

Yeah. It's a York Diamond 80, no clue on the age but it looks old. I may buy a flame sensor to have on hand but cleaning it appears to have fixed it. Learned something new tonight.

Also look up the troubleshooting guide for your opener. The number of flashes indicates where the problem is.

This was helpful, thanks. Unfortunately the number of flashes says control unit failure in the manual. So likely needs replaced I'm guessing. Anyone have a hook up on garage door openers?

Also, back to the furnace, it's been working again since I cleaned the sensor and replaced the filter, however my wife pointed out that the heat doesn't feel as 'warm' as it usually did. Like the air coming out is definitely warmer than the air temp in the house but not as warm or hot or strong as it used to, when set at the same temp. Is there anything I can look into on that?

Flame sensor shouldn't have anything to do with heat coming out of the system. It just detects the presence of flame in my limited experience. Also I cleaned mine a few times but eventually you will need to replace. We even replaced the control board on my unit and fixed it much cheaper than we would have been charged to do. Youtube is your friend for sure.

Talk to Duff on here, he knows his stuff and is incredibly helpful when it comes to hvac. As for the opener diy, if not call Grove overhead doors or search on here for a few other recommendations.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk