flying to mexico expensive?

russian rocket

is traveling to mexico more expensive than it used to be? i was looking up some prices on flying to mexico with my wife and 3 children, needless to say i was a bit sticker shocked. i dont remember it ever being so expensive.

my wife and i went back in 09 to Cancun, for round trip airfare and all inclusive 4 star hotel, it was 800 bucks.

now there are a bunch of taxes that i dont remember paying last time. are these new or have they always been there?

MX-TourismTax $122.85

Security Fee $28.00

US-International Departure Tax $180.00

Passenger Facility Fee $45.00

MX -TUA $147.85

US Customs Fee $27.50

US APHIS Fee $19.80

US Immigration Fee $35.00

Gross, those fees sound shady and aweful. The wife and I went all inclusive to the Dominican Republic a few years ago for less then 900/per. Flights, food, hotel etc all included. I'm assuming you are searching out a few months and not right now because it's spring break.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

It's not nearly as inexpensive as it used to be, but in the grand scheme of things it's still relatively cheap.

We were there a couple weeks ago and I was pricing Vegas, Miami, Chicago and or NYC for the same time period and the choice was easy to go to Cancun instead.