Who knows vintage British racecar parts?

99StockGT

Have a customer with a '77 Spitfire set up for AutoX/Road Rally and we are looking for some info. A previous owner has done some heavy modifications but we have 0 documentation. Anyone happen to have vast amounts of largely unuseful knowledge on these things?

Unfortunately don't have the POs information. Essentially it's a '77 Spitfire with an upgraded rear axle setup that doesn't seem to match anything I can find. Called every british racer shop I can think of and no one seems to know.

Post some pics. I don't know spitfires per se but I am obsessed with vintage racing and maybe I can help identify the type of rear setup.

If it is really as custom as you say it is, it may put together from other parts that can be identified.

I do know that modified jaguar rear axles were a common swap for everything from hot rods to ferrin' cars starting in about the late 1970's and it isn't unusual to see the older inboard brake style ones. Also I've seen people convert them to de-dion type rears which would make them harder to recognize.