Add 1/2 bath with no plumbing

Sully

Need some suggestions and ideas...

Let's say you have a building that has electric, but no plumbing and wanted to add a 1/2 bath. What options are out there? A port-a-pot is not an option. This bath needs to reside inside the building. The building is insulated. I cannot bust up the concrete or put holes in the walls or ceiling.

I've been searching for things, but all I seem to come up with are those waste systems that churn up shit and get pumped to an existing waste line. I'm at a loss.

When you say 1/2 bath, you really just mean a toilet? Or you want incoming water flow to flush/wash hands, as well as an outgoing flow for the smelly stuff?

Without the ability to bring water in or out (can't penetrate walls ceiling or floor - sounds like a riddle), I think a composting toilet and maybe a foot pump sink with a reservoir are your best options.

Depending on what you want to spend, they do make incinerator toilets that people use in remote cabins. They're fairly expensive, but solve the issue. Otherwise they do make up-flush toilets, that can flush to an outside holding tank that can be empty by sanitation company. That would be your lesser expensive route, but comes with some maintenance. The Porty potty with the larger container and chemicals would be your least expensive route, but it does require you transporting it somewhere.

I just saw this thread...Scott beat me to it.

Up-flusher toilets use water jets to grind up debris and push it up through a pipe. We have one at my family's place in Long Island, NY in the basement on a slab. They are a little sensitive to what goes down it, but they do work, even after a few decades.

Modern ones use a pump I guess...just Googled it. They are expensive, but better than massive concrete/plumbing work.

I just saw this thread...Scott beat me to it.

Up-flusher toilets use water jets to grind up debris and push it up through a pipe. We have one at my family's place in Long Island, NY in the basement on a slab. They are a little sensitive to what goes down it, but they do work, even after a few decades.

Modern ones use a pump I guess...just Googled it. They are expensive, but better than massive concrete/plumbing work.

This would still require exit pipes, right? If so, this won't work.

This is a good start... Need to do some research on these items...

I think most composting toilets will require a vent to the outside to manage smell/negative pressure. Though a window or door could be made to work I guess?

Assuming you have a window, also research exhaust fans :).

You need a toilet bowl with a macerating pump and to add plumbing. Saniflow & Thetford manufacture them.

A literal turd cutter :)

dude, just make an elevated floor... the same way that Lovin's bathroom in his basement is and how mine was in the house in Blacklick.

Bruh, he has no septic, sewer or waste pipe of any kind. Making shit run down hill is the least of his problems here.

Bruh, he has no septic, sewer or waste pipe of any kind. Making shit run down hill is the least of his problems here.

I guess reading owns me. I was thinking this was at his house in his basement or something. Ya, no septic means, time to dig a hole lol

I guess reading owns me. I was thinking this was at his house in his basement or something. Ya, no septic means, time to dig a hole lol

No. It was a space I was looking at. Was trying to come up with ways to add a bathroom without having plumbing to tie into. I don't think this is going to work out like I had hoped. I'm just going to keep looking.

No. It was a space I was looking at. Was trying to come up with ways to add a bathroom without having plumbing to tie into. I don't think this is going to work out like I had hoped. I'm just going to keep looking.

You're not supposed to live in storage garages.:p

But in all seriousness if you're still looking for ideas there are a couple guys who have rigged up a storage space and live in them.

You're not supposed to live in storage garages.:p

It's just a place to take my side pieces to. :fuckyeah:

In reality, it was a space for a business. So, it would have to be able to handle high flow traffic. The video won't load for me at work, but will check it out later to see if it would help me at all.