A/C charging

smokin5s

By pulling a vacuum it not only ensures the system is sealed, but by pulling a vacuum long enough eliminates moisture in the system.

I have no idea why your system is dry, but if it's cheap you're going for I really don't know if it was fixed properly. So ramming some cans of freon in it will just keep up the idea of cheap and careless.

It needs to be vacuumed down then to get the moisture out of the system. You can get a cheap vacuum pump from horrible freight and vac it down then use the cans to top it off. Idk where the oil is held in those systems, you may need to properly top the oil off to (if it was not in the compressor then there should be nothing to worry about).

Since we're on the AC subject. My compressor is leaking freon out the back plate. If the freon is in the system, it blows cold. As soon as the freon is out, it blows warm. Can the compressor repairable?

Assuming you are talking about the compressor on your car, it should be rebuildable.

my system is dry because I pulled the compressor because it was rusted out and wouldn't spin making a horrible grinding noise when the car was running.

1) You probably have metal shavings all through the system unless you flushed it, they will likely find their way into the new compressor and damage it.

2) If you didn't replace the accumulator/receiver dryer, the desiccant will be shot and will not work to keep the system dry

3) If it is an orifice tube system, this too is likely plugged with metal shavings

Slapping a compressor on and throwing refrigerant at it is a sure way to spend more money replacing the compressor again (and again) until you REALLY fix the system.