CR, opinions on Mercedes purchase

cstmg8

Except for the fact it is a Mercedes and I would say get a Audi or BMW instead I can't think of one

Care to clarify why?

We have a 2013 GL550 and the wife seems to love it. I know couple people that have the GL in this generation and have 100K + miles trouble free.

The few times I drove it, it surprised the heck out of me. It drives really small and hustling down the highway without any hint of its heft.

Care to clarify why?

We have a 2013 GL550 and the wife seems to love it. I know couple people that have the GL in this generation and have 100K + miles trouble free.

The few times I drove it, it surprised the heck out of me. It drives really small and hustling down the highway without any hint of its heft.

For the money I just feel personally both BMW and Audi is a better choice, aside from the c300 or high performance cars Mercedes just seems to add a bunch of buttons and stuff to the car and they are even bigger pita to work on vs other euro cars. With that being said also I would drive a benz before I ever set foot into the seat of a LR

For the size I'd look at a Q7 if I wanted a large euro SUV

It's nice, but not as nice as a 4Runner that needs a head gasket.

Jk...go buy it, you can afford the maintenance.

Tom

Hahaha, I'm keeping the 4runner! That's why she can drive this lol.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I was gonna be a smart-aleck (sp?) and "prove you wrong" with a simple Google search but you're pretty much spot on. :lol:

:lol:

I would break it down like this.....

90% are black or silver

9% are white or gray

1% are red/blue/other

And that's the bottom line cuz Stone Cold said so

Except the blue one I posted........[emoji16]

That's blue? Well fuck, joke's on me

I have a white, three blue, and brown. No silver, but five black.

Save up a little more and get the gl550, you'll thank me later

Many of yours are older/rare/awesome so they don't count towards the official tally

Honestly I had no intention of buying a Benz, but after looking at larger SUVs with 3rd row, this is about the best in this price point. Interior is very comfortable, and there is plenty of power.

I have a white, three blue, and brown. No silver, but five black.

Save up a little more and get the gl550, you'll thank me later

Care to elaborate? I know the 550 has the bigger V8, but any other big perks?

Honestly I had no intention of buying a Benz, but after looking at larger SUVs with 3rd row, this is about the best in this price point. Interior is very comfortable, and there is plenty of power.

Have you looked at a Suburban or Tahoe? Not nearly as nice as a Benz of course but way easier / cheaper to maintain. We looked at the Benz but thought it was too small to be a "real" 3 row SUV.

I like the explorer, our close friends just got one, but the interior definitely felt smaller. I'd have to compare the wheel bases, etc.. but it didn't "feel" as roomy. We basically want the third row so that we can haul another couple with two car seats in the vehicle, aside from that it'll be folded down for cargo.

The (expensive) aftermarket tunes claim 500 crank up from the 450.

The 450 and 550 essentially have the same drivetrain. Both 4.5 v8 TT. The 550 have real leather interior and it just feel more luxurious. The front and rear bumpers are also more aggressive. 450 just feel cheap imho.

I find it's funny that a car enthusiast forum and people always complaint about the cost of maintenance. Do your own maintenance and don't have to worry about cost. I had my E55 AMG the same time I have my Honda Odyssey. The damn Honda cost more to maintain than the AMG. The only thing that cost more with the AMG was cost of rear tires. And that's only because I ditched the Honda PAX shits for conventional tires. Honda PAX was $600 a piece.

I would find out what after-sale services may be included with a purchase from a MB dealership. There may be real value to transacting with a franchised dealer.

Personally I would never buy a luxury vehicle like that from a dealer that doesn't have the name on the building. Do they farm out the work to MB or do it themselves?

Except for the fact it is a Mercedes and I would say get a Audi or BMW instead I can't think of one

I don't know man, I had an X5 loaner one time and I was pretty excited about it...until I drove it. Didn't like anything about it, I can't think of a time where I've enjoyed driving a car any less than that time.