The Future For National Trail Raceway

wagner

I've seen a ton of "experts" spreading false info about the future of the track. I was lucky to talk with Scott and get the scoop on what's going down. It sounds like they will be doing everything they can to make this track great again

http://www.dragzine.com/news/new-ownership-works-to-improve-historic-national-trail-raceway/

I'm glad to see the new owners taking an interest in making the track a top notch racing facility. Maybe we'll see a national NHRA event return to the track.

I always wondered why the Coughlins didn't buy it. Jeg's hosts/sponsors enough events there for it to make sense and the same model seems to be working out for Summit.

I'm glad to see the new owners taking an interest in making the track a top notch racing facility. Maybe we'll see a national NHRA event return to the track.

I always wondered why the Coughlins didn't buy it. Jeg's hosts/sponsors enough events there for it to make sense and the same model seems to be working out for Summit.

You will never see a NHRA national event at the track with Nitro cars, ever. It's WAY short for the speeds and ETs they run, the drivers refuse to race there, and as long as Norwalk is up and running it won't happen.

Realtalk- does anyone buy anything and tell their consumers "Im just hoping to make a little money in the mean time, let the place run itself into the ground, and sell it for solid overall profit?" :dumb:

Everyone walks into small business ownership with the best of intentions!

**I honestly know nothing of the situation at NTR**

You will never see a NHRA national event at the track with Nitro cars, ever. It's WAY short for the speeds and ETs they run, the drivers refuse to race there, and as long as Norwalk is up and running it won't happen.

They did it for years there and they were racing to the 1320 ft mark, now they race to the 1000 foot mark and it's too short?! I saw 330+ MPH and sub 4 sec ET in the 1320. :dumb:

Edited by Benjamin

Wishful thinking. Was hoping that now since they only run the nitro cars 1000ft, it might have given some extra room in the shut down area.

Either way, happy to see the track getting investment.

They did it for years there and they were racing to the 1320 ft mark, now they race to the 1000 foot mark and it too short?! I saw 330+ MPH and sub 4 sec ET. :dumb:

They knew they were pushing their luck then, and then after Kalita got killed at E-town (on a short track like trails) that pretty much did in the 1320 foot racing.

What's the difference in lengths? Looking at satellite images, they look pretty close. With the shut down about half the length of the total track.

Worst track I ever ran was Thompson raceway. I'm only trapping like 114 and I still had a hell of a time slowing it down before the return road.

What's the difference in lengths? Looking at satellite images, they look pretty close. With the shut down about half the length of the total track.

Worst track I ever ran was Thompson raceway. I'm only trapping like 114 and I still had a hell of a time slowing it down before the return road.

Norwalk's shutdown is MUCH longer than trails, I don't remember the exact number but it's huge.

I think the entire length of Norwalk with their shutdown is like 4,000 feet, it's so long you can't see the top end turn off. At trails you can see the top end easy.

Norwalk's shutdown is MUCH longer than trails, I don't remember the exact number but it's huge.

I think the entire length of Norwalk with their shutdown is like 4,000 feet, it's so long you can't see the top end turn off. At trails you can see the top end easy.

I've never been to norwalk, that's why I asked. didn't realize it was that much longer.