Vintage days at Mid-Ohio

buelliganx1

The Europa is a cool car, supposed to have perfect 50/50 weight distribution. I was there all day yesterday. Was really bummed when the McLaren CanAm continuation car wrecked. Love those cars, saw it in the pit with the body bag over it. RIP.

Before the wreck.

495ebb4523f65350dca345ce6c02fa1b.jpg

I love the sound from these Porsche 914-6 cars.

I don't know anything about this car but I think it was one of the best sounding cars I heard all day although to be honest none of them sounded bad.

IMG_0311-L.jpg

That is a Lola T70 powered by a Chevrolet V8, and was piloted by Parnelli Jones in the Can Am series.

I'm going to Road America in July to the The WeatherTech® International Challenge with Brian Redman. I've been to this race like 5 times in the last 15 years, always a good weekend. More of these cars will be there and those races are so awesome to watch. Here are a few laps onboard a Lola T70 at Road America in the race. Enjoy:

I can't remember a pair of days that have been more pleasant at mid-ohio in years. What was it, 75 and sunny with a breeze the whole time? Praise be to Xenu.

Got a great view of the hardtop Lola T70 when it broke down on Saturday, but this was basically my view for the weekend:

http://i.imgur.com/lrXjGnKl.jpg

I can't remember a pair of days that have been more pleasant at mid-ohio in years. What was it, 75 and sunny with a breeze the whole time? Praise be to Xenu.

Got a great view of the hardtop Lola T70 when it broke down on Saturday, but this was basically my view for the weekend:

http://i.imgur.com/lrXjGnKl.jpg

I know right! I was on the hill across from you under the pine trees, I had to go to the car and put on a long sleeved shirt. It was chilly with the breeze until about 2pm.