Photobucket are C**NTS

Smokey

I've stuck with Photobucket for my images and threads for a while despite the ads and crap because they had a good mobile app and reliable service.

Last week they changed their terms of service and now prohibit 3rd party linking of images on all accounts except for their premier account at $400/year!!!

FUCK THAT AND FUCK THEM

I would have been ok with paying $20-$30/ year for some type of premium account but this shit is extortion. Now all my project threads and FS links are dead.

Anyone have a good recommendation for s site to use? My priorities are:

1) good mobile app that's easy to use/manage

2) must be easy and allowed to use 3rd party links

I tried setting up an imgur account last year and thought it made it too tough to manage your library and link images. Their mobile app wasn't great either. Worth giving Flickr a try?

For those that use Google photos or Amazon photos can you do 3rd party linking? And is it pretty easy to do so?

I use Flickr for that reason exactly. Its kinda of anoying the way it give you the img link because it includes URL to make the picture clickable to bring the person back to their site. Its not hard to remove that URL though. its also free if that matters to you.

I have been moving to Imgur too, but I don't like their mobile app very well compared to PB. Just doesn't seem organized as it is like some sort of blog format.

I know a lot of photographers ect use Smugmug, and it seems nice, but I don't know any details about it.

I use Google Photos, it has an awesome app. The search feature is pretty advanced.

Not exactly sure about 3rd party linking, but the sharing features are pretty good, you have full control over who is able to see your linked photos.

It also links with Google Drive which can be useful.

I hadn't noticed this till this thread, but really fuck those guys. I can't even imagine the end game here. been a PB member since 2004.

BTW, it's $399 if you pay yearly, it's $40 a month if you pay monthly on renew so it's $480 if you sign up that way.

I have to be honest, I still have an old web hosting account with Go-Daddy and I might just use that to house and link photos since it's cheaper and I can get higher resolution images posted. Sure it isn't free like Imgur but no adds, no spam, and free and clear of the other garbage.

I've had PB for 10+ years. hundreds of photos linked to god knows how many pages, that no longer work.

Same. I've got a TON of pics scattered all over the web from years of PB linking and good number of them are only on PB.

Fuck them. $399 a year? I pay less then that for my own website hosting!

• 2 weeks later...

After having my brother painfully walk me through the dumbass procedure to upload photos in the mobile app, I think I'm going with Flickr going forward.

Imgur actually says you're not supposed to 3rd party embed photos in their Terms of Service, so I don't want to deal with that crap again. Google photos has a great app and interface, but they also only want to upload every damn photo from your camera on your phone and make it harder to embed/share.

From their terms of use page under "stuff not to do"

Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so whats the solution people are going with?

I have heard of people with not may pics only paying 2.99/mo? Can anyone confirm?

I understand capitalizing your business, but they way they did it (seeming no warning, and going from $0 to $40 a month is redic) was a bad move.

Some collateral damage that has the big players even pissed off.

http://www.thedrum.com/news/2017/07/05/photobucket-backlash-builds-free-amazon-ebay-product-images-are-downed

I have heard of people with not may pics only paying 2.99/mo? Can anyone confirm?

I understand capitalizing your business, but they way they did it (seeming no warning, and going from $0 to $40 a month is redic) was a bad move.

http://www.thedrum.com/news/2017/07/05/photobucket-backlash-builds-free-amazon-ebay-product-images-are-downed

Use tiny pic to host

Yea tons of people are pissed but at the same point some people that have a bunch of things hot linked will just suck it up and pay because it will take more time to re upload everything elsewhere and then re linking.