2017 Challenger R/T

afsheen

I have one. Best bet is to probably trade it in for a scat pack. I'm more of an LS guy, New into the mopar world but I'd start with bolt ons and a tune. I've heard the stock intake manifold is fairly weak so it wouldn't be a bad idea to replace that. Stock Exhaust seems to be pretty decent on these. How much money are you wanting to throw at it? Do you care at all about voiding the factory warranty?

lol don't tune it first if you plan to mod it later. Waste of money. You've gotta be more detailed with your posts man... nobody is going to take this seriously if you simply make a post and say "hey, how do I make my car fast?!"

Good point. The problem is I receive so many different answers regarding the "proper" order of doing this. I don't want to make it louder per se, I'm wanting to get 400+ rwhp as my ultimate goal. Since this has an encypted pcm I'll have to get a second to swap out and preserve the warranty.

I certainly do not want to waste money and I understand I'll have to spend to reach my goal. I ordered the HC intake conversion to increase airflow with drop in filter. Think about the next steps..

I'm wanting to get 400+ rwhp as my ultimate goal.

Everyone I have talked to about these cars says NA 400 rwhp is not possible without extensive head porting/polishing or new heads, and a cam. Maybe they are right, maybe they aren't but i've spoken to about 5 different people about it and gotten the same answer. If it's true, 400 hp and a warranty means you trade that sucker in for a 392 Scat Pack challenger.

If you are worried about the warranty, I'm sure dodge offers performance parts that don't void the warranty if installed by a qualified dodge dealer. Chevy and Ford do it, it would be a segment dodge would be missing out on if they didn't. I know for some of the older ones they offer a "scat pack" PCM (not the same as a Scat Pack model) which has a tune to work with a cold air kit and cat back exhaust and will not void warranty (they sell the whole thing as a package or pieces individually).

Honestly, being such a big car I would be more concerned about getting the power to the ground, handling, and braking than I would be in making 400 rwhp. Mopar offers brake kits and sway bars that don't void your warranty in the performance catalog - that's a good place to start.

Definitely not selling to get a SP, Not Brian is right on....HUGE loss and a very bad decision. Id rather add a supercharger and call it a day.

there was talk of a mopar accessories supercharger that wouldn't void warranty (similar to what the mustang and camaro have available to them) but it doesn't seem to have gone through, or at least I can't find any reference to it online.

Technically under the MMWA, mods can only void your warranty if the mod was the direct cause of the failure, but I don't trust dealers to try to weasel out of it.

one of the drawbacks of being a challenger owner is that the factory performance support doesn't appear as strong as GM/ford. The price you pay for the better looking car. :p

Add supercharger for $6-8k after everything

Blow motor and or transmission

Voided warranty

Out $5k+ and still have a slow heavy car after it's fixed

Question for Afsheen: If you wanted to go fast and modify, why did you buy a brand new Challenger R/T?

Add supercharger for $6-8k after everything

Blow motor and or transmission

Voided warranty

Out $5k+ and still have a slow heavy car after it's fixed

Question for Afsheen: If you wanted to go fast and modify, why did you buy a brand new Challenger R/T?

Yup.

If your goal is 400 wheel, it's hard to get there with the 5.7 reliably. Once you consider the extras that you'll need to go through to get there, the upgrade to a better trim is worth it in the long run. Either reconsider your goal or do it right.

Good points. I chose a new R/T because I didn't want the risk of getting someone else's problems. My thinking is go brand new and make it my way. At least I know where it's been. imo the challenger looks better than any other sports/muscle cars on the street. I'm willing to accept a heavy slower car especially when it looks better. I just want to see if I can get more out of it since I feel it holds back.

As far a my goal, Maybe I'm being too ambitious. I love the car! I definitely don't want to create other issues Adding a SC. Besides that's a lot of money. I just want to get more pep in her step.